Levy Racing Engine

Thought you might like to look at what Levy Racing put together for me. Basically a NASCAR engine that is streetable. Computed at about 650 HP, plus or minus. Goes to the dyno on Monday to get real numbers.

23608100-5949-02000180-.jpg

Hi Bart,
Welcome to the forum. I saw your aluminum block when it was
delivered. It really looks great with those crossover headers. Not an easy thing to do in a cobra. I'm a believer
in Levy motors.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm interested in seeing the dyno numbers, do post if possible.

Hersh, you run yours on a chassis dyno yet?

R

More info on Levy Racing Engine

The block is a Ford 9.5 deck height aluminum block. This block can go to 454 CID, but is 355 CID in this application.

The heads are Brodix-Neal BF200's. (Banned from NASCAR because they flow too much.) Intake is about 400 CFM. Titanium retainers. Custom Levy Racing design camshaft.

Aviad dry sump setup.

Headers custom built for this application.

When hooking up to the dyno to get all the fittings set up and to do some engine braking in, a pull was made to about 700 RPM below peak HP. Without any carb or ignition adjustments, 650 HP. I'll post a full dyno chart after the hard pulls on Monday.

Won't say how much money to build, but you can see it wasn't cheap.

Levy Racing can build anything you want from mild to wild. And in any price range. The good thing is that no matter what you want, Gordon will see that the package is designed so everything compliments each other. That is where the real HP and value happens. Everything turns out to be fluid dynamics.

I would give Gordon a call if you are considering someone to do an engine. Even if he doesn't do your build, he will give out good, solid advice.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bart,
Welcome to the forum. I saw your aluminum block when it was
delivered. It really looks great with those crossover headers. Not an easy thing to do in a cobra. I'm a believer
in Levy motors.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Hersh.

I've been a member for about 9 or 10 months, but I don't post a lot here. Mainly on two Cobra forums and the BMW M5 (over 2,000 posts) forum.

But I check in almost every day because 40's are so neat. I'm thinking one day I may have one after I get my other projects finished.

Thought everyone would like to to see the engine Gordon did for me. Something different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Bart,

Great looking engine !!!

I am sure it will be a great engine, Gordon has built me TWO engines for our GT40's and both were just as we asked. The car that we were clocked at 276 MPH in a radar trip had one of Gordon's 306 ci. engines in her. The speed speeks for itself but if I tell you that we had put a rev limit on her to 6800 rpm and not the 7500 rpm that max power is produced, that would show how quick she could be. The limits I put on the car were because of my wories with aerodynamics on our cars, we have never had one of our cars much past 260 MPH before then.

Back to the engine thing, I am also a huge fan of Gordon's work and in particular his engine building.

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Are you able to elaborate on the engine specs? What was the hp and tq figures?

Which gear box were you using and what were the speeds in each gear?

Which Levy 306 was in the car? I understand there are different stages, 1-3? And can you tell us the different between each stage of engine?

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Knighton,

Gordon built me a great engine but as regards the spec he is best to answer that. I believe that it was his stage 3 engine but he told me that it would "do the trick" and it SURE DID !!!!!!!!!

Robert

Back