Lifitng car

Mike,
Right now the bargain you mentioned is even more of a bargain.

spaclear.gif

Part No.
spaclear.gif
ProXOne Garage Combo: 6 Pc.; Includes 3 Ton Floor Jack, 3 Ton Jack Stands, Creeper & Wheel Chocks Garage Combo: 6 Pc.; Includes 3 Ton Floor Jack, 3 Ton Jack Stands, Creeper & Wheel Chocks

spaclear.gif

• Ships in 5 days
spaclear.gif
Closeout! $32.47
spaclear.gif
This is a deal even for a trolley jack. Just remember what I said in the post after Mike's

Bill

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Re: Jack Stand Location

Where are the best locations to put four jack stands. Can't really tell from the thread. Are the locations the four spots on the frame just behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels?

Thanx
Mark

I have jack stands that have a 6" piece of 2.5" radiator hose on them (cut an oval slot on the hose and put it over the top of the jack stand). We place the stands under the front between the lower arm pivot points outboard as the tub is doubled there where the pand and reinforcement ard welded. In the rear either on the crossmember or on the tub outboard before the crossmember.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Mike and others,
....I have an aluminum racing jack from Harbor Freight that is just that. It slides under the front of my car with room to spare. ...
Bill

A couple other comments in favor of the HF aluminum racing jacks:

• They are light and short and thus easier and safer to shove around the garage. I can usually swing them around with one hand.
  • Their hydraulic ratio is significantly "faster" than a normal full-size 2-ton jack, which means that it takes just a couple pumps to get the car up in the air. (This of course is not so nice for a Land Rover or whatever).
  • The saddle has a nice rubber cushion
  • $99.

When I need the car on jack stands I use two 2"x8"s 35" long and covered in carpet with my jack stands. This helps preserve the bottom of the car. The rear one goes under the rear cross member and the front one just in back of the front tires where it is wide enough for the full 35". I use a very old bumper jack to lift the car, works great but not easy to store.

Looks like I'll have to fix my old floor jack and build something like Ron or BCG put together, great idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Mike,
Right now the bargain you mentioned is even more of a bargain.

spaclear.gif

Part No.
spaclear.gif
ProXOne Garage Combo: 6 Pc.; Includes 3 Ton Floor Jack, 3 Ton Jack Stands, Creeper & Wheel Chocks Garage Combo: 6 Pc.; Includes 3 Ton Floor Jack, 3 Ton Jack Stands, Creeper & Wheel Chocks

spaclear.gif

• Ships in 5 days
spaclear.gif
Closeout! $32.47
spaclear.gif
This is a deal even for a trolley jack. Just remember what I said in the post after Mike's

Bill

Bill,

I cant see it, I want to get this can you help???

Adrian

I think this was a limited time special that has been pulled. I searched every way I could and it wouldn't come up again. I would suggest you get on their news letter list and it will come back around. The racing jack I got was originally $99. I got it for $49 off their news letter for internet deals. The stores will honor them. The items that were listed were a great price, but would not have appealed to me. I use scrap wood for chocks, I don't use a creeper for anything as I want it at working height. My bones don't like the constant up and down, and I use the Harbour Freight racing jack. The trolley jack is just a helper item for family cars as it won't go under the front of my car at all. It also is a very narrow unit compared to the racing model.

Bill

Back