Limited slip

Hey guys,
Just wondering how many of you are running limited slip differentials. I'm just wondering if its worth going the extra $1500 beans to add one to the box. Of course, if anyone knows of a less expensive way to go, I'm all ears. I've been thinking of using an Audi 5000 box. Any suggestions.

Jim Downard

Jim sorry it's no cheaper but it fit mt Audi 5000 box perfectly.
RF limited slip $1550.
John

do the 944 boxes come with limited slip? That could be a good way of getting limited slip and a gear ratio change for the Audi box at the same time.

For anyone whose interesed....... I just got my porsche transaxel back from Jim Ellis Porsche where I had it cleaned and inspected. the shop forman said it would do if I didn't plan to break the tires loose while driving. Seems it has some good points and some bad ones. I am planning to offer it up for sale as a parts transaxel.
The badnews:
the dog teeth are rounded, the syncros are worn, the imput shaft has been altered ( I presume to fit the 351 it was mated to ), and the shift fork has been altered so as to work with a cable. The trans has never been run with this engine as the engine was recently rebuilt and has never been cranked.
The good news:
The transaxel is an 86 or 87 ( could not discern the numbers ) It is a 930 positraction unit.
This from a shop forman with 20 years experience who knows his stuff and would vouch for the information about the unit. Anyone interested should contact me and I will send closeup pictures of all the info here. this probably should be posted in the for sale section but since you were talking about posi units, I thought someone might have an interest. If none develops it will go up on ebay.
Bill

Back