LOLA T70 scratch build...

Here are a couple more pictures for you to browse Marcus. Hope they help...

Regards

Darren

Attachments

• DSCF0067.JPG
    DSCF0067.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,265
  • DSCF0074.JPG
    DSCF0074.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,496
  • DSCF0088.JPG
    DSCF0088.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,286
Marcus, nice to see you using good old Australian Alcoa aluminium!

I'm watching your build with interest. It's going to be lovely.

Well done so far.

Still in the process of fabricating all the panels from flat patterns before building the jig and mocking the whole thing up.

Flat pattern of left side pod ("gas bay"):

Attachments

• Pattern_Gas_Bay_left.jpg
    Pattern_Gas_Bay_left.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,853
Richard,

thank you.

The story on my bodyshell is rather strange. It is an original shell from SL76/147, whose by then owner literally works and lives round the corner from my office.
But I´m still looking for a cockpit section including doors and sills. We´ll see...

Best,

Marcus

So does Raimund Hoeppermans live around the corner from you?

Scott,

he doesn`t, he lives near Aachen. When he went bust a couple of years ago the bailiff offered SL 76/147 publicly and this was when its new owner from Stuttgart came into play and snatched away the car before too many people became aware of this offering (...and the price which suggested that the bailiff had no real idea what he had on hand). It was then the new owner whom I bought the body parts from.
Meanwhile the car has been sold again to dealer Jean Guikas and his company G.T.C. in the south of France. Just heard that he is asking around 500.000 EUROS for the car.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I must be losing my eyesight in my old age as it appears that your friend Darren's tub has a mistake. In the top picture of frame #25 the outboard most lightning hole looks as if it is dimpled 180 deg. out. Like it is fouling (chaffing) on the front bulkhead. Should that particular lightning hole have been dimpled in the same direction (fwd), as the other two inboard of it?

Its late and I have been crawling around airplanes since early this morning, so excuse me if I'm mistaken!

It will be interesting to note the sale price of SL76/147, as this will be at least some indication of the value of what you will accomplish in the end!

Regards,
Scott

Get some sleep & have another look Scott, there is a tube behind that opening for the steering column to pass thru.

Jac Mac

I must be losing my eyesight in my old age as it appears that your friend Darren's tub has a mistake. In the top picture of frame #25 the outboard most lightning hole looks as if it is dimpled 180 deg. out. Like it is fouling (chaffing) on the front bulkhead. Should that particular lightning hole have been dimpled in the same direction (fwd), as the other two inboard of it?

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

for having had such a long day you´ve still got very sharp eyes...
The backward flaring of the outer hole is correct while the other holes of the front upper bulkhead are flared forward.

Best,

Marcus

It will be interesting to note the sale price of SL76/147, as this will be at least some indication of the value of what you will accomplish in the end!

Oooh...I don`t think so.

To my humble knowledge SL76/147 is only one of two MK3Bs having survived with its original tub, gearbox etc. and one of the very few T70 whose history is traceable and therefore widely undebated. Prices for these cars have been skyrocketing (understandably) over the past years.

What I´m doing is just a recreation of an icon I´ve been passionate about for years and years with original parts. Frankly, I couldn`t care less for its value.

Take it as a humble attempt of a paper-pusher to live out his childhood dreams.

Best,

Marcus

Attachments

• Rétromobile 2007  Lola T 70.JPG
    Rétromobile 2007 Lola T 70.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,944
Back