Longest Street Drive in SLC

Cody DeHart

Supporter
Just out of curiosity, why don't more folks drive it regularly in city streets, stop lights in traffic errands etc? Is it a comfort thing or an overheating thing?

I built a stiff high hp tarmac rally car on a JDM platform that I drove 35K miles in 2 years. In my mind I'd drive the hell out of an SLC but I don't generally read about people doing that so it makes me wonder. People do with Z06's but not don't with Ferrari's due to depreciation but an SLC? Seems it be more akin to owing a Z06's. Just curious why they are not driven daily like one.

Since I have acquired my SL-C I have driven the crap out of my car with a none disclosed amount of miles (due to insurance contracts). The reason I do not drive my car daily is because of all the attention it draws. You can not go anywhere without a crowd...even on my 3 mile commute to work. I have had people follow me home and follow me into my parking garage at work...they try to get your attention and almost wreck into you. For the first week it is cool but it get old real quick and almost scary sometimes.

Cody DeHart

Supporter
Hi John, we did the cross country trip in Late June. It was a big success besides the nearly unbearable heat inside/outside. The AC wasn't up to the task of the 100F+ outside air temps and 100% humidity in the South. Remember that our SLC did not have the same level of heat shielding and sound deadening materials due to weight considerations.

The car itself was between 160F - 170F the whole way on engine temp though so it is incredibly efficient in regards to staying cool.

There is lots of info on our facebook page CLP Motorsports and our website, CLP Motorsports | Performance Engineering

Thanks
Pat

I didn't know there was one planned already; Like I stated in a previous post, my wife and I are interested in going Coast to Coast, so if anyone else is interested send me a PM. We can get a group interested and choose dates that work for everyone.

Back