Looking for examples of where to mount momentary door switches.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Please post a picture or two of your momentary door switches for the interior lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated. SLC and GT-R.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Here is what I came up with. The door contacts are Standard DS278T. It threads into a 1/2” fine threaded hole in the thick steel backing plate behind the hinge pillar. I attached a thick steel plate on the door swing arm at the studs. This helps to stabilize the studs where they thread into the aluminum arm (weak point) and provides a contact area for the door switch when the door is closed.

The switch adjusts to its final ideal distance when you close the door the first time. It is made to collapse inwards and then stay in position. The fibreglass was trimmed oversize so that a deep socket could unthread it for servicing.

98DE6758-8466-4131-A8E7-F11AC184ED2C.jpeg
082AE722-3783-4B13-8CDA-303A423BEF50.jpeg

Last edited:

Joel K

Supporter
Ken, I have this file photo but unfortunately did not tag what thread it was from…looks like the horizontal row are contacts to power something in the door…

3401CEB5-8925-4943-B744-724F14F7289A.jpeg

Last edited:

Johan

Supporter
Here’s a link to the Magnum Shooters. Comes in 1-5. But these are for inside door electronics, if you intend to control a doorlight only I would hide the switch inside the body, accessible from the cupholder.

Last edited:
Here’s a link to the Magnum Shooters. Comes in 1-5. But these are for inside door electronics, if you intend to control a doorlight only I would hide the switch inside the body, accessible from the cupholder.
Is there a trick to getting those installed correctly on the first try?

Neil

Supporter
Is there a trick to getting those installed correctly on the first try?
I'd avoid those things like the plague. Having 12v exposed on a door jamb where it could be shorted to ground or to another terminal is asking for trouble.

Back