Looking for your opinions

Gentlemen first of all thank you all for all the ideas and the support.
I actually own a Porsche 993 and i can tell that it's a nice car to drive and i feel safe doing it: i'd like to get a faster, lighter car, but safety is at least as important. Cobra, i even considered the idea about getting the car in pieces, but i would then never have this safety feeling about getting it done by the original builder. I am after getting all the possible combinations to get the car from the Us, including shipping it to Paraguay, get in driving and then try to legalize telling i builded in Brazil :)D).
Or get something fully done and find the way to declare much less than the real deal.....at the end of the day we all know that these cars can have very different price range; but would a customs officer?
But at the end of the day maybe the best option is to get a good kit, basic build already done, and then contract a mechanic to make the rest of the build here locally. In this case, is there a kit you would suggest in my case?
Thanx again, cheers
Ric

Ric,

You could buy a "turn key" kit from one of the manufacturers (RCR or CAV are both good, along with several others) and have them ship it to you in a couple different batches - perhaps one shipment could be the chassis, and a second shipment the rear and forward clamshell along with the doors. Either shipment would lool like a half built mess that couldn't worth a whole lot........so your declared value could be quite low..... Then get it assembled and an engine/gearbox installed there in Brazil. Just an idea.

Yes Cliff, this can be one of the options. Now i have a friend of mine that works with imports that is looking for me how to do the trick trying to spend the less possible in customs.
I was also wondering about getting a used car ( a very well mantained one) and make a restoration treatment to new in the Us and import her as new declaring the lowest value possible......i think that if i can manage to do such a trick i can get the car here for a very acceptable price.

Back