Low flying Spitfire

Picture taken by film crew member in 1997 at Duxford of MH434 being flown by the late, great Ray Hanna. This is whil filming the infamous “F*** ME” PTC with Alain De Cadenet.
MH434 (again with Ray Hanna at the controls) did the low pass over the Goodwood start/finish straight a year later.
6A039C51-284B-49CF-B7EC-984EF97AC054.jpeg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I watched "Tex" roll that 707 live on T.V. as it happened in August of 1955 (over the crowd attending the Gold Cup hydro race on Lake Washington).
In the above video the plane appears to 'disappear' for a couple seconds...but, as I recall, it was always in view during the 'live' coverage.
As you might imagine, that stunt was 'the talk of the town' for quite a while afterward!
Very impressive at the time.
Shoot! It still is to this day!

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
His shoes were found and placed at the front of the aircraft...
1643543617266.png

And for those of you who remember the TV program 'This is your life' there is this..... my hero

Neil

Supporter
Picture taken by film crew member in 1997 at Duxford of MH434 being flown by the late, great Ray Hanna. This is whil filming the infamous “F*** ME” PTC with Alain De Cadenet.
MH434 (again with Ray Hanna at the controls) did the low pass over the Goodwood start/finish straight a year later.
View attachment 120596
Long ago I read a story--probably apocryphal-- about a P51 Mustang that returned from a strafing mission over Germany with a turnip in its radiator.

That's good news Brian, Arthur presents some good documentaries. It's important to continue to tell & remind future generations of these kind of stories.

Regards Steve

Neil

Supporter
Thank you for posting that video. Those were remarkable men- legends! But who set it up where Bader was expected to stand every time a new guest appeared?

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
If you enjoyed that try this...

If you want to 'dip in' try starting at 2:38:00 a huge glider and interview with Hanna Reitsch a German test pilot!!!

that's ruined someone's weekend....

Neil

Supporter
I can recommend a good book about the development of radar and electronic countermeasures, "Instruments Of Darkness" by Alfred Price 1967.

Back