Lucas headlights beam pattern

Hi, cars in for iva in a couple of days and just sorted the last few bits. Whilst setting the headlight levels I can't seem to get the cut off angle on the drivers side. And I believe this is a fail. Its level but no cut off. Passengers fine. I've kindly been lent another light unit and its still the same. Has anyone had this issue before or have a process to set the up?
Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,

Good luck for your IVA, I had a similar problem, in the end drove it, (that was great fun), to a local MOT Garage and had it tested on their headlight machine, it passed without any problems.

Don.

Morning

Iva gentleman was very kind and let us fine tune the headlight aim while he had his bacon butty.
We did make the headlights really easy and fast to adjust , took two minutes. Obviously I wouldn’t rely on this as it will be dependent on who you get !!

Not offering any advice or guidance here, but I had occasion to speak with a headlight design expert. In a nutshell, design is very complicated, and OEMs spend a tremendous amount of money getting their designs correct - first is the design of the reflector/placement of the bulb, then there is the interaction of the external lens cover, in diffraction, refraction and deflection with the beam output. To extrapolate, I doubt anything about the lighting in our homebuilt cars is perfect, getting close is as good as we can do.

Car in paint eddy ,sams chosen the colour this morning from the paint outs ,she will be back soon, the lads a chaderton we found ok to be honest ,I seem the think that the cutoff was there but very faint and hard to distinguish

Back