Lucas switches

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone know where to buy our typical style Lucas toggle swithces here in the US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Tim I have some from wrecked cars. Did the rounds while in NZ.I bought more than I needed and you can have them if you want them.Postage only.I reckon I still owe you, after what you've done for me.
Ross

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Lynn, you never let me down.

Ross, I may take you up on that. I will let you know which one or two I'm looking for and post back. Thanks for the offer, you don't owe me a thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Tim,

Hey you can't beat free! However you can find a lot of "prince of darkness" parts including ignition and light swiches (has to be an oximoron in there somewhere) at www.eropaspares.com I've always found them easy to deal with.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, free can't be beat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Ian and Steve. Good option.

Ross,
Check your inventory when you get time. What I am looking for is an off/on/on and on off/on Lucas Toggle. No hurry, I am up at the Historic Races at Laguna Seca for the rest of the week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Tim are you having fun when you should be working?I have 17 off/on/on and 3 off/on. Let me know the qty you want and I'll post them.
Ross

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,
Check your own MDA forum site for a picture of the original column mounted switch and the Lucas part number.
In the Gallery section.
Extremely rare.

Thanks Mitch, Jimmy. I was on that website and they are the correct type of switch, just not the right proportions or housing. I wonder if the rod can be custom made to correct length, correct rubber boot on the end and mated to the switch housing?? Hmmmmm - a nice to have but, maybe James has a stash of them under his matteress.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,
The matress is a bit lumpy right now.
All those bits on that Gallery get me a bit closer to the real thing.
In my opinion, if you really want to get close to the experience of driving a 40 then the you need most tactile bits of the cockpit layout original. More the better as far as I am concerned. Thus the original switches, column and pedal box etc are really a must for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, James, I can see where you're looking at the MDA gallery. Can you be more specific?

I'm like you, I think details can go a long way to making the replica feel more authentic, and there's nothing like 'interior details' to really take you away.

Mitch D

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
James,

Do you have to be a member to see the pictures? All I see are several posts with parts descriptions, but no pictures.

Regards,
Lynn

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Lynn,
I'm sorry mate, I just don't know.
I shall post the shots for you in another section later today. (It's about 0530am here and I just got up).

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
The photos are now here on this site in ALL GT40s - Original Spec'n Parts
Sorry if I have wasted anybody's time.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ross,
Thanks, I got your PM. What I am looking for is an 'off/on/on' and an 'off/on' Lucas Toggle. Also, it's important to me that the tightening nut is the round one. I am trying to match all the switches with the round nut, not the hex. In fact if you have 2 or 3 extra round nuts that would be wonderful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Let me know the cost, I could send money or pay-pal it to you.

Back