M1 ZF-2 shift linkage

OK guys, what neds to be done to the M1 box, which is already inverted, to get the shifter linkage from the transaxle fwd, and who makes the pieces?
Thanks.

Frank, subject to half a million things, I'd like to get a car from Fran Hall. I'm particularly interested in "his" monocoque chassis. Hope to see it in cold Pennsylvani in a few months. I have 90% of the parts for the entire Gurney engine (302), and would like to see it have a suitable home.

Contact RBT tranmissions (www.rbttrans.com) or Dennis Quella of Pantera Performance Center (303-660-9897). Dennis has been doing my M1 ZF conversion which is to be delivered this month (finally). From my limited understanding, it is not a huge project for either of these shops. I suspect there are others fully capable of doing it but these are the people that I'm aware of. BTW, you may also need to have a custom clutch plate made ("Red" at Mcleod is supposedly a fella in the know), choose between self contained and slave hydraulic clutch thow-outs and may want to consider getting the diff. bolts safety wired.
Hope this helps.
Scott
Scott

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Contact RBT tranmissions (www.rbttrans.com) or Dennis Quella of Pantera Performance Center (303-660-9897). Dennis has been doing my M1 ZF conversion which is to be delivered this month (finally). From my limited understanding, it is not a huge project for either of these shops. I suspect there are others fully capable of doing it but these are the people that I'm aware of. BTW, you may also need to have a custom clutch plate made ("Red" at Mcleod is supposedly a fella in the know), choose between self contained and slave hydraulic clutch thow-outs and may want to consider getting the diff. bolts safety wired.
Hope this helps.
Scott
Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Do yourself a big favor and call RBT.You will get MUCH better service.
Ron

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
RRD The parts you need are chassis specific and this is likely why Frank asked you this question. If you decide on RHD and RH Shift you will need 2 small uni joints, shifter,tubing for shaft and 2 or 3 bearings/rose joints.I will put up a pic of my new gearshift soon.I raced with it at the weekend and it's great

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I forgot to add where to get the stuff.Use Apex high quality uni joints (made in USA)Most race parts suppliers will have them.Cheap rose joints or bearings are ok.Tubing from tube suppliers (now why did that seem obvious).You will need other bits but none of it is rocket science and you can make things yourself if your handy or find an engineer to help you.
Ross

Just a comment on the clutch for RBT. Red at Mcleod is the man, I used a heavy duty 5.0 diapraghm pressure plate, the disc is very special and be certain to order it directly from Red. Mcleod also has an adjustable T/O bearing(with a cnstant run bearing) that you will want to use. There about 1/2 less space to work with because of the shorter M1 input shaft abd bellhousing. I can find the correct part #s if anybody is interested. The shift rods are 5/8 soft steel rod and that is an easy size to get apexi joints in.
The shifter linkage is no big deal, you can make it in multiple (straight) sections as needed to go around oil pans and crank pick ups.

Ian Clark

Supporter
We've been supplying ZF Gear Selectors with interconnecting shafts, joints and hangers for a while now. Work very well, give me a call sometime:)

Cheers

Back