M6B Tragic

Hi Guys, Had a go at making the Headers myself, they're not exactly the same tune length, but pretty close.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 721
Hi Guys, Had a go at making the Headers myself, they're not exactly the same tune length, but pretty close.

Hey Udo,
All those years on the tools as a plumber as held you in good stead for making all the angels work. Excellent job as usual.
Cheers,

Rohan

Hey Guys, May need a bit of advise / recommendation here. It's now been about 2 1/2 years since I ordered my calipers and steering rack, and now no one is answering the phone or emails, so I'm going to have to accept the fact that I've done my money and move on. I know AP Racing make after market Lockheed calipers ( CP2270 ), but can any one recommend a suitable steering rack ? I would prefer it offset like the original and not a centre style like the formula cars if I can. What about Autotune Richard? do they offer OEM or suitable alternative. Or anybody have a spare M6B rack lying around they want to get rid of ?:drunk:

Hi Udo

Drop me an email, I might be able to help out with some of the bits you need. Your car looks awesome by the way, really nice work !!

Cheers
Richard

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hey Guys, May need a bit of advise / recommendation here. It's now been about 2 1/2 years since I ordered my calipers and steering rack, and now no one is answering the phone or emails, so I'm going to have to accept the fact that I've done my money and move on. I know AP Racing make after market Lockheed calipers ( CP2270 ), but can any one recommend a suitable steering rack ? I would prefer it offset like the original and not a centre style like the formula cars if I can. What about Autotune Richard? do they offer OEM or suitable alternative. Or anybody have a spare M6B rack lying around they want to get rid of ?:drunk:

Unisteer (Maval) makes custom racks. You'll need to complete the online dimensional form, but I've felt their custom racks are somewhat reasonably priced, and good quality.

Thanks Michel and Terry, I will try both Titan and Unisteer, but firstly I'll contact Richard and see what they have at Autotune.
Much appreciated guys, I'll let you know how I go.

Been a while since I've posted anything. I have been slowly doing stuff, but work has been a priority, and it pays the bills. I've got my drive a shafts and they fitted perfectly, and I've completed my gear linkage with just one joint which I'm happy about.

Attachments

• IMG_1371.jpg
    IMG_1371.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 598
Here's some more pics. have ordered radiator, still waiting on rack.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 675
Hi Terry, the dust covers are solid billet steel, anodized and the boots are 100% silicone. Beautifully made and sourced from Ray Franklin of Vintage Engineering in Redwood City, California. I can not recommend Him though, I have been waiting over 2 1/2 years for parts I have paid deposits on, and now he won't answer the phone. Might be different if you live in the States, and you can go around there to collect.

Terry
I had a space issue and found some Nissan drive shaft center bearings which are the same 105mm? cv and they looked the same as Udo`s picture. Might pay to talk to your local Nissan Man. They are supposedly high speed boots.
Cheers
Russell

Back