Maiden Voyage

G

My car came down off of it dolly today and stood on its own four feet for the first time. Not long after that it also went around the block a couple of times under it own power. No real surprises except a draggy break pedal--I guess I got a little over zealous with the fastners in the linkage. And, I may need to do a little tweaking on the shift linkage. Other than that, all I can say is that it is quick. I barely got it into third as I was tooling around the neighborhood and I have to live here, so I was a bit conservative. I will probably be smiling in my sleep tonight because I just can seem to wipe this silly grin off of my face.

G

Lynn,

Congratulations! How did it sound? How did it feel?

Tell us more Guy.

Am very, very happy for you!

Good going Lynn !!
That means your coming into the home stretch.
I can't wait to see it .

Hersh
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Lynn,

Damn! Can't believe I missed that one! Wish I could have been there but I didn't get your message until 5pm, we had some family functions to attend this afternoon and I'm getting around to emailing and checking stuff. Congratulations for that one!

Ron

G

Lynn

You are going to have to change your mug shot under your signature on your postings now to take into account this new cheesy grin face you have. It may become pernament! Well done. I can remember my first drive in my car and it feels good.

Malcolm

Lynn,

That first ride is one you'll never forget. Fortunately, the novelty doesn't
wear off after subsequent rides, as you'll
soon find out.
Congratulations!!!!!!

Bill

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Lynn
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

that must have been your face when you crawled out after that first run. Congratulations, I'm hoping its going to be that much fun when I get mine going(probably not til spring).Enjoy
Bill

BTW
Yes it was I you talked to while in the Atlanta airport. Have fun. Maybe Cip and I will have ours finished by spring and we can get those of us in the S.E.together. Toy collector told me there are other GT-40 owners in the area, and I know of one other myself. Might have to form our own little club.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Bill

G

This is the third time I've tried to post this:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Bill, there is another fellow here in the triangle. I think his name is Ted Hoff or Hoffman (he owns a parts store name T-Hoff's.) He used to own two GT40s as I understand it. He kept his ERA I think. Of course, there is Ron Earp also.

FYI: if you have urethane bushings in the suspension, especially the front control arms, you should leave the fasteners a little loose when you first set it down and until you get the ride height set. If not allowed to slip, they will absorb torque when you put weight on the car. John Donnelley gave me this tip and darned if the car didn't drop nearly an inch when I loosened them up.

Hi Lynn

Congratulations on completing your GT40 to the first drive stage.

The memories of your first drive will stay with you always, but your enjoyment of getting to know your GT40 and being able to experience and use the performance that is available to you are deights to come and continue on.

Some Forum Members have mentioned to me that you have experienced difficulty in obtaining responses from GT40 Australia. We have no record of receiving any emails from you. We receive up to 10 emails each day and we generally send respones within 24 hours.

We do not have the resources to regularly check through all the Postings on the GT40 Forum. If you raised an issue on the Forum that requied a response from GT40 Australia and we missed it I'm sorry.

To ensure that you receive a response to any questions or issues please email to: [email protected]

Congratulations again

Peter Ransom
GT40 Australia

Lynn,
Congrats! I'll be living vicariously through you (and every other driver
rolleyes.gif
) until I get mine someday...

Heck, I smile just thinking about the possibility of driving, I don't know what I'd do once it actually happend besides walk around looking like the joker from Batman
grin.gif

Have a great time, congrats!
-MaTT

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: MaTTerZ ]

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: MaTTerZ ]

G

Peter, I have just resent the two emails that I had sent to the address you have provided on June 11 and 18. I did notice that the address I used was:
[email protected]
However, email is ordinarily case insensitive, so this should not have cause a problem. I received no error messages on either of these inidicating that the address could not be found.

Lynn,

Can I have your car? Ohhhhh, wrong question to ask I guess (ha).

Congrats and I hope you can post some photos soon!!

Have fun!

Back