Manufacturers section

Ron
I quite agree - as a manufacturer is it sometimes difficult to update the GT40 world
on product development,options etc without the post appearing to be an advertisement .
A manufacturers section should overcome this
and prevent the general forum from again degenerating into what we have seen recently.
Maybe a fee should be charged annualy to each manufacturer to help the forums coffers!
Bob Lacey
CAV

Bob,

Good post. I should be down your way a few times
in the upcoming months. I look forward to
visiting the new showroom if you're around.
I used to hang out in Solana Beach often
when I lived in SD - went to the Belly Up
many times (saw the Knack there once) and
used to be on speaking terms with the owners
of Pizza Port ( I managed a pub that was owned
by a guy that got to know them when they first
started brewing for the public). The place
was called Porter's Pub - on the UC campus.
There's probably pictures of me still there.

Ian

Ian
That would be great, Pizza Port is still a popular watering hole,let us know when you are coming down this way .
We will be at Knotts for AHA and FFF in April
maybe see you there.
Cheers Bob

Bob I think a manufactures section with comparisons would be great. Also with updates on the car design ,parts, options.
Bob I may be a new customer very soon. ANY updates or items in the mill would be great to know.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I also think that a manufacturers section would be great. This would allow all manufacturers to give offers etc and update as required. For those frustrated with this please remenmber that the forum is an ever evolving thing and will develop as its users demand.

I do not believe that I said anything that was in any way degrading to GT40NZ. All I did was look at what they offered and checked against our prices. The prices were very close and I agreed to MATCH their prices ,NOT DROP PRICES, MATCH PRICES. I offered the same parts and as the NZ prices are in NZ$ and ours are in US$ or Aus$ there is some movement in exchange. I have never seen a GT40NZ car or kit and therefore it would be stupid of me to make any comments, good or bad.

HERSHAL come back and do not let MEAT push you away. When we were sceeming the forum with Ron it was because of people like him that we started it.

Now for something I was reluctant to say but I have decided to release this as I do not wish this incident be the reason that the forum looses one of its FINEST GENTLEMEN, HERSHAL.

The reason that MEAT is so against me and therefore Roaring Forties is that he wanted to be my agent in the US. I choose Gordon Levy because of his technical background, experience in the race industry and his reputation in the kit car industry. Also a good friend told me that he was an honourable man. This advise was and is still very true and I thank that friend for the advice. I have no axe to grind except that you are trying to distroy a very usefull tool that could be very valuable to so many people that are entering this industry as customers. Meat retire !!!

Robert Logan
Director
Roaring Forties Pty. Ltd
Australia

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: Roaring Forties ]

Back