2nd Caterham R600 72.24
3rd TVR Tuscan Race 75.15
4th Southern GT 77.67
6th GTD40 80.34

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Martin, loved the video

The following content has been identified by the YouTube community as being potentially offensive or inappropriate. Viewer discretion is advised. Please confirm that you wish to view this video.

Didn't think your driving was THAT bad tho':laugh:

Well done

regards
Dave

Malcolm

Supporter
Good videos indeed, nice to see you really pushing on. Don't want to worry you too much but I always thougt that the COH Baines trophy was for the fastest GTD40 up Llerghy Frissel, so sorry mate, your not eligible! It had to be quite specific so that the R42s were excluded you see..... If you send Paul T John's address I am sure he can forward it on......

Good videos indeed, nice to see you really pushing on. Don't want to worry you too much but I always thougt that the COH Baines trophy was for the fastest GTD40 up Llerghy Frissel, so sorry mate, your not eligible! It had to be quite specific so that the R42s were excluded you see..... If you send Paul T John's address I am sure he can forward it on......

Malc you wind up merchant!!

The trophy went to Frank Catt to be taken out to IOM with Martin's car but unfortunately the volcano episode prevented that.

Give Frank a call for whereabouts and let me know re engraving costs as it still needs my 2008 win adding. (no event in 2009)

oh and the Sloc looked awesome - MUCH longer than when I last did it.

Well done! :)

''I always thougt that the COH Baines trophy was for the fastest GTD40 up Llerghy Frissel, so sorry mate, your not eligible! It had to be quite specific so that the R42s were excluded you see..... If you send Paul T John's address I am sure he can forward it on......''

I think Malcolm is quite correct..... where's me trophy?

Anyone know the definitive answer as to the correct recipient car for the COH Baines Trophy. Its it for the fastest GTD or GT40 up the Lhergy Frissel hillclimb both John Bate and myself would like to know.

Regards Martin.

Malcolm

Supporter
I've got really good mileage out of this one guys! :) So to help you out, Martin, you have neither GTD or GT40 but a Southern GT!

The honest answer though has to come from the GTD club committee so I suggest you badger Paul Thompson or Andrew Fordyce. My personal view is that even though there were only GTD 40s competing when the trophy was first offered (kindly by Robin Batt of COH Baines, an original supplier of GT40 parts to FAV) there were GTD R42s also competing and the aim of the trophy was for the fastest GT40 shaped car rather than any GTD marque cars.

However surely this is actually about who has to conatct Frank to get the trophy, isn't it?

Well - to put the record straight as far as I understand it.

The trophy was donated by Robin Batt of COH Baines for the fastest time up Lherghy Frissel by a GT40. I do not recall it being make specific but it 'may' have been aimed for normally aspirated only. When I was first chasing it, I seem to recall the criteria changing anually and wondered if we needed to paint Roy's Red 40 'yellow' to be eligible...... LOL

Anyway - a well deserved win in my eyes and I have just called Frank asking him to forward the trophy to you Martin (he can bill me postage) as I thought it would have found it's way to you by now.... Sorry...

Any problems - call me and I'll chase Fank again.

Wasn't gloating in fact I did say I'm not too proud to accept a trophy by default . This matter is not concluded and have instructed Counsel to investigate the legalities of this. I'm glad the gtd club is awash with surplus funds. Don't post it yet frank !

Sorry chaps - but unbeknown to me, Frank in his infinite wisdom returned the trophy to the originator as he considered the GTD40 Car Club defunct - Thanks Frank....!

Having spoken to Robin Batt of COH Baines who kindly donated the trophy in the first place and having further discussed eligibility of competing vehicles, it has now been posted back to me and as soon as the engraving update is completed - it will be forwarded to the new owner.... Sorry for the delay chaps.....

To put the record straight - and OFFICIALLY!!

The club does currently still exist.

It is still a paid up affiliated club on the MSA register.

It does still get invites to competitive events.

It does however now have a lack of members that are currently competing though - partly due to car sales, change of circumstances, credit crunch, etc etc.

I for one have not renewed my licence this year yet, although I will do so on Monday to get my Brighton Speed Trials entry in the post...

Back