Marvel Mystery Oil

Does anybody here have any experience with this stuff?
A friend gave me 2 barrels, but I don'y know what to use it for.
Or if I even should...?

Pour it down the carb of a running engine to kill mosquitoes.

Also works as a lube/coolant at the drill press.

Back in the 70's dad was a big believer in the stuff for freeing up stuck things. I prefer an impact.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
For the last several years, I put a quart in my truck gas about every 50 gallons of gas I run through it. Also in my engine, about 200 miles before I change my oil, I siphon a quart of oil out and replace it with a quart of Marvel Mystery oil. then do the oil change. Been doing it for almost 53 years and never had a engine use oil. When I open the valve covers everything is always clean.
Your experience may be different, but I’m a believer.

Regards Brian

I always add a little to the unleaded race fuel in my race car to keep the injectors and fuel pump lubricated and have never had a problem and, if anything, they run quieter

It was recommended to me by an old but well respected aircraft engineer who raced with our group

So, many of you guys are suggesting making 2 stroke fuel for your cars, yet I often get blasted for using a PCV valve and venting the other valve cover into the air cleaner so the oil mist gets sucked up by the throttle and burned rather than coating under the hood. I agree, there's no harm in a little top end lube.

You've sold me. I'm going to buy some next time I'm at the auto parts. I do remember it helping free seized bolts.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
So, many of you guys are suggesting making 2 stroke fuel for your cars, yet I often get blasted for using a PCV valve and venting the other valve cover into the air cleaner so the oil mist gets sucked up by the throttle and burned rather than coating under the hood. I agree, there's no harm in a little top end lube.

You've sold me. I'm going to buy some next time I'm at the auto parts. I do remember it helping free seized bolts.
But does it make the Castrol R smell when it burns?

Ian

Last edited:
The Evinrude smoke juice is the one that makes me smile. Reminds me of being on the boat dock getting ready head out for the fish camp in the middle of Bastrop Bay.

Geert Jan, I suggest not to use it in your Knight Racing build engine ( engine oil supplement ) as I assume your new engine didn't have many break in miles on it.
Might work as an additive for your fuel to lube the fuel system & pump. Lots of racers use two stroke oil added to their fuel. Just a cup on a full tank.

No, definitely don't dare to use it in my fresh engine.
But was thinking of adding it to my fuel (in also my other cars)
What do you mean by a cup? Cups come in many sizes ;-)

Back