Maybe a quick question

Howard Jones

Supporter
I will be wiring my car from scratch beginning some time in the spring. Complete job using aircraft ckt breakers, relays, weather tight connector's and a couple of hundred feet of spec 45 wire.

I will be using individual gauges, all electrical, and a selection of switches and indicator lamps.

I'll try and post pictures in detail and lots of source information so that at least others will be able to get an idea how I think it ought to be done.

Now that's what I call ambitious. I can't wait to see the project unfold.

I've been sniffing around for alternative wheel ideas (not that I don't like the OEM wheels. I just like options). My Lotus had Volk's, and I loved them. However, the PCD is something like 114.5, so they are a no-go.

I really like the can-am look with the hub set way back in the wheel, but I haven't been able to find anything that will fit the SLC. OZ Racing has some nice wheels, but nothing that really trips my trigger. HRE's look to be the cat's-meow, but command a premium price.

So, the search continues.

Just buy the ccws; they're light, they fit the look of the car, and they fit.

Biggest mistake of my build, imho, was not using them from the get-go. I learned the hard way 345/19 does not fit (whereas 345/18 fits like a glove), but it all worked out for the best - I really <3 my ccws now, should have done them from the start.

Ben, the CCW's look good, any color too (maybe at a price). Got mine in gunmetal, changed my mind and had them powder coated satin black.

Hi Ben,

I took this photo after I off-loaded my car, showiing the CCWs in Grey:

Attachments

• SideView.jpg
    SideView.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 246
We use the CCW's ...you can order from them directly...just ask for RCR backspacing

18 x 11 and 18 x 13 are the sizes we use on the race car ...the same as many of our customers use on their street cars also....race on Sunday ...sell on Monday

Doc: I think I've got a copy of your photo in my SLC folder:thumbsup:

Why the 13's v.s. the 14's, and why order direct v.s. from/through you?

You dont have to order direct...you can buy them from us, already on the car....13 vs 14 because you cant get tyres that are street legal for 14 inch wheels ...its hard enough for the 13's

We also have a new centerlock option that we will be displaying at the PRI show in December....we have been working with Jongbloed racing wheels on these......no pricing yet...sorry

Ref Howards wiring...
the harness on the SL-C 01 race car was done for me by PRS. http://www.p-r-s.com/main.htm
Dave Decker built us a real full race harness with mil spec. connectors, wire, switches etc and its running through the ISIS system....the difference between automotive grade wiring and real race/mil. spec is HUGE....our system is identical to full Le Mans, ALMS, DP cars...not cheap but great insurance when on track.
One year at 24hrs of Le Mans 16 of the cars on the grid had PRS wiring harnesses...good enough for me.

Last edited:
Just a stupid question....
What size tyres would fit on the 14" wide rims? and what would you match the front up with? 11" or 12"??

BTW...I love the CCW's myself...had them on my FD Rx7 as well...Brilliant rims..(Little 10" wide ones though!!)

Back