MDA Weigh in at ....??

Re the Kumho tyres JP.
I originally looked at these for my GTD but couldn't find anyone who had 1st hand experience of them. I finally opted for the tried & tested Pirelli PZeros/Rosso package . The Kumho's do look a good quality tyre for a resonable price.

Congrats to you & Mark on your lightweight car, we're all looking forward to seeing it at the Club trackday.

Paul,

I would have gone for the Pirelli option, but alas they are not available in the sizes I wanted. Michelin do the pilot sport in my size BUT for the money I can't see how anyone could go wrong with the Kumho's. Even if you only get 1000 miles from a set! They cost something like £95 each for the rears.

Still won't be long before we see how they perform on the MDA.

Regards,

J.P

At SVA my GTD weighed in at axle 1: 532Kg, axle 2: 665Kg. Worryingly with driver (immediately after) axle 1: 600Kg, axle 2: 706Kg. Now I don't weigh 103Kg (the difference between the aggregates) so how does that work!

Malcolm

Supporter
Weighed my car last night for the first time ever! Total weight was 1167 kg and that is in the trim it came in from Goodwood trackday. Never done any set up work on the corner weights so they were way out but for info they were

Front left 246
Front right 262
Rear left 336
Rear right 323

For this post I ignored 1/2 kilo readings.

This gives the ratio of 44/56 front to back overall.

When I got in the car the readings changed to

FL 256
FR 296
RL 345
RR 344

and the total was 1241kg with a ratio now of 45/55.

It was fun to see that when I moved around in my seat this actually changed the numbers, the scales were that sensitive!

Anyway that is my car with no setup work done to it on corner weights and as yet I have no idea if these readings are way way out or just way out!

Maybe the 55% rear bias will be good for Brighton?

Back