Mikes scratch build

Heading for LMC 2016.
Wimbledon white.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 597
Micke,
What are the dimensions of you gas dampeners for the doors and the front clip(main body length and full extension length, & lift weight) . I had wanted to use the dampeners for the front clip but was having difficulty in establishing the mounting points. Your pics helped out a bunch.
On your door dampeners do they open the door once the mechanism of the door is released or do you have to give them a nudge? Did you have to reinforce the lateral flex in the front clip once the shocks were installed?

Bill

I will get the dimension for you Bill this evening.

It was necessary to lift out the engine before I could mount the headers.:furious:
Start up is getting closer :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_8307.JPG
    IMG_8307.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 353
Micke,
I was looking at you gas shocks you put on the rear of your car. If what I am seeing is so you need to reinvestigate them.
1st, It looks like your mount for the gas shock to the frame is mounted in such a way that any weight pulling on it will tend to bend the mount. I think you need to actually mount it to the frame member itself, or put a bracket on the base of the frame member and mount it there, so that the pulling is along the linear/parrallel line.
P5200093_zpsqezk3v9k.jpg

The mount to the gas shock does not have to be in a straight line. The locking mechanism on the mount will hold at an angle.
The rear clip weighs a lot, I am guessing, close to 100 pounds or more. I have two gas shocks each with 40# of lift and I can lift it with one hand.
2nd It appears you have your rear clip mounted with the spoiler of the clip very near the ground, or the clip nearly vertical to the ground. If that is so, it is a dangerous level to mount at. Any gust of wind in that position will put a terrible strain on the shock mounts. I ripped my shock ends off at 30mph when I once forgot to latch the clip. See Rookie mistake
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tec...c-trim/42492-rookie-mistake-concequences.html
I have my rear clip mounted to the point at which the rear clip is balanced.
P5200094_zpshc7ixpsp.jpg

It neither pulls forward or rearward at that point and does not stress the gas shock ends(the weakest link). The clip is at a 40-45 degree angle. /the mounting points are from two bolts that secure the clip to the frame. Notice their mounting in relation to the frame.
P5200095_zpsz3w3ez3c.jpg

Bill

The position of damper for rear clip may be changed in the future.
I will not change the opening angle, now it is possible to remove engine with transaxle without removing rear clip.

Back