Mk I vs Mk II

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Kirby,

I'm with Kelly on this.

Steve P2125

PS: Like your "The MkII has a downright aggressive, mean and brutal look to it and I really like the 'gunship' look it has when seen head on." description.

"

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I think it is hard to beat the rear 3/4 view of the MKII so mine will have a MKI front and MKII rear...

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 369
The MkII has a downright aggressive, mean and brutal look to it and I really like the 'gunship' look it has when seen head on.

:thumbsup:

I agree Kirby. From the rear quarter it gets your attention too. As I was following you around the track at Road America and watched you charge into the corners the adjective that came to mind was "sinister". Really keeps the ol' pump thumpin'.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks, Daryl.

Ahhh.... another adjective!

Brutal, mean and now sinister!
:laugh:

When I gave my son a ride in it the first time and after I nailed the throttle, he said... 'Dad! This thing is violent!'

But I find myself desiring more horsepower... you get used to things, you know...

I agree Kirby. From the rear quarter it gets your attention too. As I was following you around the track at Road America and watched you charge into the corners the adjective that came to mind was "sinister". Really keeps the ol' pump thumpin'.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Kirby,

It NEEDS an FE

Steve P2125

Yes, I suppose so... The thought crossed my mind back when I ordered the car... But then everything would have to change!
:shocked:

New headers, new intake, new bellhousing, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Based on the performance of my new Pantera engine, a cam change will do me nicely in the GT40 427 Windsor.

But thanks for the thought! :laugh:

Kirby

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I like yours a lot too Kirby

DSC_0300.JPG

That picture was taken by my son soon after I got the car. It has moved a little towards XGT2 in some ways recently. Here's a picture of me getting ready to go out on the track at Texas World Speedway last year.
They wouldn't let me have 7, so I had to do a makeshift '17'.
:shy:

Attachments

• 129106684.IL4nSF36.17KirbySchrader4.jpg
    129106684.IL4nSF36.17KirbySchrader4.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 352

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
And here's a nice picture of both.
That's Jack Houpe in his MkI and me in my MkII on the front straight at Texas World Speedway.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 361
i went for the mk2 as it was cheap......and i'm glad it was as the shape has really grown on me!
i also think the mk2 lends itself to better paint options. the curves if the rear intakes make any pearl/candy finish look superb.
yet i will be painting mine in something far less trick.
last year in britain, there was some moulds incorperating a mk2 rear doing the rounds, with people buying the moulds, making 3 bodies, trying to sell 2 of them to pay for theirs, then selling the moulds to someone who wants to build a car (usually a boat/kitcar builder) who would make 3, etc etc....this is how i got a cheap body.
so, for some of us budget builders, luckily the mk2 is the cheapest option.
this is only what i've seen.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
When i look at the MK1 & Mk2 :

MK2 : James Douglas Morrison , Paris era, overweight and bearded.
MK1 : The Crawling King Snake.

Need i elaborate....

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
I'm delighted to own a MkII but the same would apply to a MkI. -Makes me smile. What a privilege to be burdened with such a choice. :)

Best,
Kelly

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone know the total number of SPF M I and M II out there? How about in just the US?

Back