MK III For Sale

KVA Mark III, as far as I know, probably the only driving example on the North American Continent.

Light blue exterior w/ black interior, leather dash, Corbeau GT40 replica seats, Willans Harnesses, RHD w/ RH shift,currently with a Ford V6 and Porsche 901 transaxle.

Totallly new aluminum paneling throughout (new 3/03)
Rear Suspension totally Re-engineered, Rose jointed, fully adjustable, Spax damper (all around), custom made control arms, 1997 Ford Thunderbird uprights/hubs w/ rebiult calipers, freshly turned rotors and steel braided lines (some say its nicer than a GTD back here) (new 3/03)

The car is currently titled as a 1965 GT40 Mk 3 (imagine that)

The Deal is this,
The car is currently in Michigan, finished, waiting for me to have it shipped home to California. In the mean time I secured a GTD MK I, which is on its way to me as we speak, now I really like the Mark III, but my better judjement is telling me I cant have both (Waaaa !!). So If I dont have to ship the car here I will let it go for $27,500 USD. The car will require a 25% deposit to secure, first come, first served. If you are not serious about purchasing the car, please dont contact me. This is the under 20,000 GBP car (actually more like 17,000) that I've heard so much desire for, this is the opportunity for somebody to be driving (not assembling) a GT40 for under $28,000, you'll never see another one on the road in the US. Right now I know where there is a Motorsports Engine w/ Renault 5 speed for $4000, Imagine a V8 GT40 Mk3 for $31,500.

I will work on puting up pictures on this forum soon, in the mean time I can be reached by:

Email: [email protected]
Home: 831-394-7300
2559-1.jpg

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]
2559-3.jpg
2559-5.jpg

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]
2559-6.jpg

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]

Here are some pictures (I hope)
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/cmk62/lst?&.dir=/GT40+MK+3&.src=bc&.view=t&.begin=1&.order=&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/cmk62/lst%3f%26.dir=/GT40%2bMK%2b3%26.src=bc%26.view =t

Well, thats kind of the long way around it, but there they are. These obviously were taken during the recent paneling/suspension upgrade. BTW the rear discs are new, not turned (as stated before)and the wheel sizes are fr. 7x15 r. 9x15(in case anyone wanted to know)

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]

Could you post some more pics. Also, does the car have rocker tanks?

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: smith ]

I'm not a compensated endorser, but I have seen this car, and it is REALLY nice. Brand new paint job, and it started up immediately with a roar. Don't be fooled by the V-6 setup! And Fran is a great guy. Max.

I am surprised that the car hasn't sold yet. You certainly will not build a new one for anything near that price.
And if you are put off by the Mk III body, you should talk to Chris Melia on this forum. He can supply a MK I front and rear clip, you add some lights - someone offers Ciebe lights on ebay- and off you go.
Change between MK III and MK I from time to time and everyone thinks you have 2 of these little beauties.
Where are all those who post these 'cheap kit wanted' on this forum? Just buy it and do a rolling restauration. I think just about everyone keeps on changing and upgrading their 40's anyway.

jeez- I hope one like this comes up when I'm ready to buy. Makes me wish I wasn't moving to Alaska. What kind of 6 does it have?

for what its worth, if it was in the uk, youd have had a deal! (probably)

im new to the forum, so forgive the inevitable naivity of some of my impending questions!

If Interested this car will be next offered at auction during the Concourse/Historics weekend in Monterey, Ca. Aug. 15-17. May have a V8 conversion done (if I can find the time) and will most likely be in Gulf livery. BTW price is undetermined, but I can safely say it wont be $27,500.

Back