MKIV kit options

Dave I was photographing one of the spare J chassis in the mid 1980's that was made up as a lookalike MKIV 1967 winner.Turned out to be numbered J-12. The painters 6 years old was allowed to sit in it but he needed help in getting out. This was mainly due to the MKIV dash panel which stuck out much more than the GT40's The cockpit of the MKIV looks smaller than the GT40. After all the 1967 MKIV and the 1967 M1 Mirage were both built to J regulation which allowed smaller area of screens.
Regards Allan

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Had not heard of Bailey name associated with MKIV Doug,
not getting the MKV mixed up are you.. Len Bailey in conjunction with Safir redesigned the suspension during MKV development.

It's been a while since I saw that gorgeous maroon-red replica...and I have slept since then! I thought it was right here on this forum, will do a search!

If I were a betting man (and I am not) I would bet on your memory being more accurate than mine! :eek:

Cheers, Jac!!!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It's been a while since I saw that gorgeous maroon-red replica...and I have slept since then! I thought it was right here on this forum, will do a search!

If I were a betting man (and I am not) I would bet on your memory being more accurate than mine! :eek:

Cheers, Jac!!!

Doug

I searched...even brought up Bailey's forum stats and searched every thread started by them...could not find the car I remember. It was too long ago, but I do remember being VERY impressed with their products.

Thanks for correcting me, Jac!

Cheers!

Doug

Hi team, I have just joined, does anyone know of an organisation that sells Mkiv kits?
Dont know what I did there! Was goung to say & will still do so, Build your own body/buck, it should be simpler than the normal GT40 etc with flat sides and most carved panels being single radius.

Last edited:
'you OK Jac ??
That a trick Question James?, I think so, some others perhaps less qualified than me might not agree! Age is a wonderful thing. The bloody mini strokes have stuffed around with my vision a bit, what I rite is not necessarily wot I thougt I rote sometimes.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jac
Sorry for the drift pal but I got worried for a few minutes back there when you left your reply post number 27 blank.
Take it easy.

There is a model online extracted from a videogame. Uncertain how correct it is compared to the original body but could be a place to start if someone wants to build a buck.
The mk1 model from forza horizon was very nice when compared to the real deal curvature.

Back