Monterey Historics 2009 track-side pics

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well, here's more pictures that I took at the track...some attached in thread and others in the gallery found here: Monterey Historics - Club Cobra Photo Gallery
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_21871.JPG
IMG_2146.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG

Last edited:
Say what you want about this venue (some of us think this is too much for the rich), but its great to see these guys risk these valuable and beautiful cars to damage and letting all of us enjoy seeing these machines running around the track instead of in a museum. Hats off to the brave souls for letting us relive moments from our youth!
Garry

Great Pictures!! I wish I was any good with a camera:)
OK - on the chance that everybody will make fun of me for being an ignoramus. What cars are #21 and #76?
21 looks so elegant -is her name Lola? and 76 is alloy?
What wonderful automobiles.

Great Pictures!! I wish I was any good with a camera:)
OK - on the chance that everybody will make fun of me for being an ignoramus. What cars are #21 and #76?
21 looks so elegant -is her name Lola? and 76 is alloy?
What wonderful automobiles.

my program from the event list #21 as a 1967 Lola T70 M3B chassis no SL73/127 and
#76 as a 1964 Webster.

Thank You Mike!
The Lola is absolutely stunning. I wonder if someone makes a replica. I already looked at the RCR/Ron Earp T70 Spider but it looks totally different.
I wonder what the chassis construction is on these. Alloy monocoque?
Mike
Who just fell in love....

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Beautiful shots.

Years ago I learned that there's a difference between taking a picture and making a picture. You're of the latter, more exclusive group Brent. Well done.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
The Lola is absolutely stunning. I wonder if someone makes a replica. I already looked at the RCR/Ron Earp T70 Spider but it looks totally different..

I guess compromises will be made for road going versions/copies of full out race cars. If you want authentic, then Lola are now making 'continuation' T70's in both spyder and coupe configuration..... I believe March are doing similar for their historic CanAm cars.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It is really cool to see a 300SL and a Porsche 904 in there. They are worth so much that I think a lot of the owners would not campaign them- glad I am wrong on that one. I remember my trip to Laguna Seca in 2003- seeing those cars on the track was just magical. And seeing Brian Redman reeling everyone in, lap after lap.......the old master at work.

Back