Morgan Three wheeler:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Motorcycle homologation ?
Wow.
Remember Owen Greenwood and his 1070 Minispecial ? He went on to be the Sidecar World Champion until they banned him. CAR OR SIDE CAR (aka NEW TYPE MOTORBIKE) - British Pathe
Owen rebuilt a Triumph 350 engine for me in 1965. Totally amazing. I remember him saying "Keep it below 6000 for a few hundred miles before you ask anything from it".
It saw off all the Bonnevilles and Dominators in the Chariot Club in Lincoln although the Triumph frame and swinging arm was abominable Though in hindsight, maybe I should never have sold it.

Nick,
I don't know why since I have never been in a Morgan Three Wheeler, but I am going to have one of these or an Ace before I die.
Garry

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Love them, I lived close to a garage whos owner had one, he also made a 'barn find' of an early 4 wheeler. Was tempted to buy, but to my loss never did.
Who built the first three wheeler? try here 3-wheelers.com home page

Dave I watched the Pathe movie, loved the classic dry humour 'On left hand turns, the passenger in sidecars has to put his nose as low as possible without injuring the track surface':)

DaveB

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed. Terry - the passenger used that phrase over and over. I do have a photo somewhere of Owen and Terry both in mid air and the 'machine' almost vertical about 10 feet up. I think it was either from Mallory or the Isle of Man.

I was in England this spring visiting relatives and my cousin told me to call ahead and make a reservation for the Morgan Factory tour. This was one of the highlights of my visit. Morgan is building 500 specially built three wheeler pedal car replica's. They are built along side the full size cars (not the three wheelers) and are fabricated out of aluminum, ash and leather, with working lights and three speed gearing. Here is a photo I took in their showroom and here is a link to one for sale. newtown motors cwmbran : Super sports junior pedal car

Attachments

• three wheel replica.jpg
    three wheel replica.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 246
Back