Morgan Three wheeler:

David,
I was out in Las Vegas around Christmas a year or two ago. There is a museum there with a good assortment of older cars and takes up about 2-3 ballrooms. They had two cars that I got pics of but they are on my cell phone. If I can get them off I will post them. The one that stood out the best was the 1934 Morgan Supur Sport ID#D1194. It was priced at $200,000. And yes it was British green. If I remember rightly they had international colors for the different racing sports cars in production about that time. Red for Italy, Green for England and so on. Sorry can't remember the others.
The other car that was there was an 1886 Benz 1 cylinder motor car. Bore was 91.4mm and stroke was 150mm with 984cc displacement. Top speed was a whooping 10 MPH. This car was a part of the McMullen collection. It was unusual to see the open crankshaft. It too was a three wheeler that looked a lot like bicycle wheels. 2 in back and one in front for steering. It was basic black with wood slats for flooring. Really neat cars.

Bill

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
You know, David, I notice Morgans really command high prices. A couple of years ago someone started to reproduce the Morgans that resemble MG's....VERY expensive. And, now, this 3 wheeler....

Must be some sort of European nostalgia, otherwise I can't figure out why these cars, especially "replicas" or reproductions, could command such high figures!

Cheers from Doug!

If you really wanted a three wheeler, you could build your own for under 3K using used 'Guzzi or honda bike parts.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Here on our website we have our own resident expert who has actually raced these three wheelers. I look forward to his informed comments.

Or get a Lomax kit for a few grand: -

lomax_223_94.jpg

Cheap as chips, uses a 2CV engine...

Graham,
I have always wanted a 3-wheeler like the one pictured. I haven't heard of the Lomax. Good Call!
Garry

Both Pembleton and JZR have some interesting kits out there. There is one place in Argentina (forget the name) that also sells complete building plans.

One of my friends has driven his three wheeler for at least 16 years (as long as I have been in the area) on a regular basis. He must not be aware of its value !!

Graham,
I have always wanted a 3-wheeler like the one pictured. I haven't heard of the Lomax. Good Call!
Garry

Garry, check this out: -

Lomax-ind

I had a drive in one in Britanny last year. Slow enough to stay out of trouble, but fast enough to get the back end out and have some fun.

Cheers,

Graham.

Graham,
Very nice and thanks for the link. I have always loved the three wheelers, even the tri-hawk since I saw it in some forgotten Scify movie a long time ago. I still love the ACE three wheeler and when I find $50,000 lying around I will make a purchase. The Lomax kit looks like a great solution for the immediate future. But where does one get a 2CV engine and tranny in America?
Garry

I've always liked these, and you could build a 40 with the change.

Attachments

• jzr.jpg
    jzr.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 414
I love that photo Frank. We could add it to the dilemma thread "Which of these would you rather take to go down to the shops? The 40 or the 3 wheeler?"

I've always liked these, and you could build a 40 with the change.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
</FIELDSET>

Nick,
That really looks like the ACE. Who makes it and is it in kit form?
Garry

Garry,

It's a JZR

JZR

Established in the late 1980’s the JZR was an idea conceived by John Ziemba Restorations (JZR), Lancashire.(UK) Having an avid interest in the Morgan 3-wheeler, J. Ziemba created a kit form for a Morgan replica. The car’s rear wheel is powered by various engines including the Honda CX, Moto Guzzi, Honda Pan European and can also be used with an Harley Davidson engine. The JZR has a steel body and chassis, with fibreglass bonnet and rear section. As with most kit based vehicles each JZR is unique to its owner’s taste whilst all vehicles have an aluminium body with many featuring either a machined alloy or walnut dashboard and leather trim. Approximately 320 JZR’s were produced up until 1988 when JZR temporarily ceased production before starting up again in 2000..

Back