My Lotus build

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Well I guess no one gives a damn about a lowly Lotus build. Even though the Lotus 47 was one of the progenitors of the GT40. So I'll just stop posting any updates. I've posted several but only one response/comment.

Who in the UK did you go with?
Do you need a local to go round and give them a kicking?

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Well I guess no one gives a damn about a lowly Lotus build. Even though the Lotus 47 was one of the progenitors of the GT40. So I'll just stop posting any updates. I've posted several but only one response/comment.

Not really
over 12000 views on your build - so a lot of people watching - perhaps just not commenting

Ian

Rod they are of my own design. I took the stock hub/bearing carriers. Turned them upside down & had pieces I cut to it. I'm thinking now of having new ones cast. I'd made casting masters for a friends race car he was building. He wanted his front brakes on the back side of the uprights. Seems to have worked quite nicely in the runs he's had in it.

Ian: it was J. E. Developments. I'd talked to them & got a shipping quote. But when I said I wanted to order one. They said "it'll be a couple of days & I'll invoice you". I emailed them about a week later & got the same reply. So I got tired of that & ordered one from here in the States (in California actually) I'd checked the exchange rate & it was only about $100 difference & I'll get it a lot sooner too. Takes at least 2 weeks from the UK. Funny thing was the day after I ordered the one from here in the States. I got an invoice email from J E. Sorry I already ordered one. LOL

Thanks Jack I figured you might be lurking out there LOL

Ian it's not much fun to carry on a single sided conversation. Comments let the poster know it's not. We all like to talk about our cars/projects.

Ian they're a whole lot wider than any street 13" I could find. That's one reason I went up to 15 X 8 wheels LOL Made a whole lot more work for my self keeping them under the body LOL I hate just fender flares they always look "tacked on" to me. I want this to look like it came from the factory this way. That's why I'll take molds after all the mods. To get nice clean "factory" looking pieces. When I open the front & rear clams. It takes time but pays in the long run to be "picky".

I concur. I too, am somewhat anal about little things like that Mike.
The finished body will be so much nicer.

Been just chugging away on the Lotus. The intake manifold came the other day. Rather a disappointment though. Will take a whole lot of porting & very rough casting to be from a manifold company. Picked up my crank today (had it turned .20 under) & ordered the bearings too. My cam, springs (double) & lifters from Crower came today. In the mean time been working away on the body. Gotta go get more resin & bondo LOL

Back