N E W Superlight cars from R.C.R

My understanding of these engines is the exhaust cam is driven off the intake cam at mid point in the cyl head, if they employ VVT on the intake cam it must also change the exhaust. Also they mount the starter motor in the center of the Vee which makes it a bit of a mission to replace in some applications.
Someone here in NZ has produced 4bbl manifold's to use on these for a stock car class that only allows carb's.

Jac Mac

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Jac Mac - the early version 1UZ's w/o VVTi drove the exhaust cam from the intake, midway down the cams, however the VVTi motors moved the mechanism forward, so it's just behind the intake gear.

By doing this, and using a clever hollow, splined shaft arrangement, they keep the exhaust cam timing static, while being able to vary the intake timing. It's stuff like this that keeps me in awe of Toyota's engineering and their motors.

On the starter motor, yes it's located in the Vee and a bear to get to, but fortunately failures are very rare.

Attachments

• VVTi.jpg
    VVTi.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,843
We are doing another engine swap in the Coupe next week and installing an aluminum 400ci Dart...
As we have many customers wanting a more old school drivetrain, this should keep them happy .....approx 500hp......

top power this far with a twin turbo system on the 1uz in stock form is somewhere around the 600 to 650hp mark and is still in one piece after lots of hard miles, (cheap JDM import not rebuild)

top power on a modified engine (pistons rods cams) is well within four digits, it was build in sweden and does service in an Ultima GTR. it did 0 to 211mph in 19seconds. and that engine is also still driving around after a few years.

the reason that Errol richardsons Reynard engine is running only 7400rpm is due that he can''t change the original cams or ports per regulation, he pointed out that 9k would be doable once regs change and that would open up for big increases.

not to start the obvious debate of which engine is better, I believe this packes serious potential and durability for very little money compared to some other.

the stock bottomend is a must see to believe piece of over engineering a production engine.

ps currently building a twin supercharger system on one to go into a T70.

Grtz thomas

Last edited:
I have a pal in Oz that is making 725hp very reliably with 1uzfe....

I really like the engine and have done our own twin turbo set up/installation with some guidance from the same pal in Oz....

Issue is that lots of US based customers want a domestic engine package and SBC/LSx packages are very affordable with massive potential...I shouldn't complain as GM paid my salary for a few years prior to RCR.

Any update on the rear diffusor? The one in the sketches you showed a while back looked awesome!

Also, what about rear view mirrors?

Hi Fran,

your cars are awesome.

Will there ever be a shop in Europe for european buyers?

I think in Europe there would be a big market for your cars. Especially in this price section.

The only thing you would need... build one road legal car (for example with LS7 engine and Ford GT transaxle).

That would make it easy for your customers.

I think getting the car road legal is the main problem for potential buyers in germany (for example).

I think that the Coupe and the Roadster are both Titanium Art. If I had twice the money I would buy and build a coupe. A Roadster would fit my budget. =0)

Hey Fran, Does the SLC in the pictures have the removable side skirts and front spoiler installed for track use like the superlite site says? Any update pics or rear diffuser?

NO surprise...just add 50mm to the side skirt and the front splitter...that will give you the idea....

Come to the shop and see it in the flesh....:)

Back