Need help

I purchased an unfinished RCR car from a gentleman who purchased it from someone who never finished it, unfortunately the gentleman passed away when we were completing our business, and now his wife cannot find the paperwork for the car. I have contacted RCR but because it changed hands twice they are unable to help me out. I asked RCR for a possible location of a vin # they informed me the don’t assign a # because of different states are unique
and since she cannot find the paperwork which would be the MSO I’m reaching out for any help I can get. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Johnny Dark

In S.C. They use the info from the MSO as the VIN unless the vehicle is in pieces to make up the vehicle then they assign as a home built and assign a VIN thanks for asking unless someone has a better idea?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
In S.C. They use the info from the MSO as the VIN unless the vehicle is in pieces to make up the vehicle then they assign as a home built and assign a VIN...

'Sounds as though you have already contacted the Dept of Licenses.
Didn't whomever you spoke with provide you with an 'official path' out of your dilemma? If not, why not? There must be one. You cannot possibly be the only person who's ever found himself in your situation - or one very similar.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not positive, but I think Johnny bought a SLC if memory serves me correctly. If it’s the one I’m thinking of it was a fantastic build, then the owner passed away.

Regards Brian

Not positive, but I think Johnny bought a SLC if memory serves me correctly. If it’s the one I’m thinking of it was a fantastic build, then the owner passed away.

Regards Brian
Brian I don't know who you are referring to (Johnny) as I am new to your club and the car I bought is a RCR GT40 MARK.1 I was going to call RCR to see if I could find out how many cars they produced in 2011 that is supposed to be the year of the car that I am getting. I would like to give you the person's name that I bought the car from but I won't do that out of respect for him unless the family gives me the OK, and maybe someone on this forum would recognize his name and shed some lite on my problem. This problem is a bump in the road and can be fixed, but it would be a lot easier if I had the paperwork on the car. I don't know if I can attach picture of the car as I'm not sure how to.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
My apologies. For starters the forum requires your real name In your profile. This is something you agreed to when signing up for the forum. This helps with communicating with others. Please update your profile accordingly. If you purchased a GT40, then you are not who I thought you were. You can PM me and we can try to work through the picture problem.

Regards Brian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Brian I don't know who you are referring to (Johnny) as I am new to your club and the car I bought is a RCR GT40 MARK.1 I was going to call RCR to see if I could find out how many cars they produced in 2011 that is supposed to be the year of the car that I am getting. I would like to give you the person's name that I bought the car from but I won't do that out of respect for him unless the family gives me the OK, and maybe someone on this forum would recognize his name and shed some lite on my problem. This problem is a bump in the road and can be fixed, but it would be a lot easier if I had the paperwork on the car. I don't know if I can attach picture of the car as I'm not sure how to.

Are you posting under two different accounts ("Johnny Dark" and "The Real Deal")? My apologies if you're not but contextually, it appears as though you are.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good catch Chris.
This is why the forum requires a real name in your profile . Please adhere to the forum rules. One or the other of your profiles will be deleted. You decide which one you would like to keep.

Regards Brian

Back