Supporter
Starter bolts for a Ricardo are M10x1.5x35mm

Here is the Ford part number for them W500120-S427

They get torqued to 35ft/lbs

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ken, I am not currently home to check but I put that part number in and this is what it says.

This part does not fit the vehicle you selected:

2005 Ford GT

Base; 8 Cyl 5.4L DOHC EFI S/C ALUM; 6-Speed Manual Rear Transaxle; Rear-Wheel Drive
View Similar Parts That Fit
Lincoln Part No.: -W500120-S427
I also will be ordering the bolts, when we verify the correct ones. The one in Kernie's picture, is just a socket headed cap screw.
THANK YOU for the input.
Regards Brian

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Also, when researching the part, I also came up with this at most place's I checked.

Bolt - Hex.Head - Ford (-W500120-S427)

Discontinued Part

No Longer Available For Purchase

I did however find some. I had to order a package of 16 to get them, but I should have them next week.

Regards Brian

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Here are the bolts I purchased for the starter motor install. Make sure they are a flange head. When you look up the factory supplied bolt it mentions a 40mm length.

https://www.mcmaster.com/98093a629

Here you can see that a 35mm bolt is more than adequate.

IMG_2085.JPG

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
For the Ricardo transaxle owners! While your at it I recommend you try and find a new clutch slave cylinder for future use. As you can see these Ford GT parts are getting extremely difficult to purchase. They come up on EBay occasionally.

IMG_2086.JPG

Last edited:
Found it on Ebay after some searching. Should be here in a week ( fingers crossed). Ford really has it locked down.
Also no joy on the clutch slave either - no registration paperwork no part.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Kernie, what did you find on Ebay ? Starter ? In post #24, I mentioned that I had found some factory starter bolts. Below, you can see this didn't happen. I will follow Kens advice, and buy some flanged metric bolts from Mc Master Carr. If you are looking for the slave cylinder, PM me and we can discuss a possible option.

Regards Brian

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order CF826605 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is back ordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service

Apparently, the squeeze that Ford is placing on parts has been recognized by the aftermarket- you can buy, for example, Centric-branded clutch slave cylinders on eBay (from JC Whitney!). I expect more of the easily-reproduced parts to come available in time. Probably no hope for a new transaxle, though. :(

Kernie, what did you find on Ebay ? Starter ? In post #24, I mentioned that I had found some factory starter bolts. Below, you can see this didn't happen. I will follow Kens advice, and buy some flanged metric bolts from Mc Master Carr. If you are looking for the slave cylinder, PM me and we can discuss a possible option.

Regards Brian

Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order CF826605 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is back ordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service

I did find a starter for $315 on Ebay. I also followed Ken's advice and ordered the bolts from Mc Master Carr. Hoping the starter is here soon. Will update when I get some details.

Brand new shiny starter showed up today. Took about 40 days to source it. Ended up at Silverstate Ford for around 300
I am going to send the old one out and have it rebuilt as a spare. Anyone have a shop they recommend.

Thanks again for all the help - this was a difficult find

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That is a forum member that has these. He bought all of the new ones Fran had. I bought a very large quantity of spare parts from him. The last new one I brought was 15000.00. Also from a forum member. I then sent it to RPM for a complete disassembly, micro polish, inspection. Some of these had a issue and it was worth the extra money to make sure. From what I was told, there was a problem with the laser weld on some of the gears. Mine was not one of them.
Regards. Brian

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Brand new shiny starter showed up today. Took about 40 days to source it. Ended up at Silverstate Ford for around 300
I am going to send the old one out and have it rebuilt as a spare. Anyone have a shop they recommend.

Thanks again for all the help - this was a difficult find

I've had these guys rebuild a couple alternators. They've done great work and very reasonable prices: Dayton Quality Starter - http://www.dqstarter.com/

Back