Nemesis 2 Tandem

Fran, good looking two seat motorcycle for the street. I'd have that way before I'd have one of those three wheel Can-Am things. Looks like fun, only the rear tires are way too narrow..... like you didn't see that coming from ME (LOL).

Rob,

We will playing around with different sized tires as well, especially since we will have quite a bit of power in the tandem. :shocked:

The nemisis single and tandem are setup to use a VW 4 cyl with a manual longitudinal audi 5 (01A/012) or 6 (01E) speed. The transverse DSG's won't work.
Audi makes longitudinal DSG transaxles, albeit they are probably very expensive. Not sure if it would be worth it or even possible to use such a gearbox...

Last edited:
Which models had the longitudinal dsg?

Tyson, the Audi 7 speed longitudinal DSG is used in many of the Audi models (essentially all of the longitudinal ones) such as the A4, A5, A6, A8, Q5 and others. The A3 and TT use the transverse DSG.

The issue is that Audi only makes a Quattro version (AWD) not a 2wd version. I have read that they are working on 2wd version. I am sure you can convert the Quattro box to 2wd as you can with other Audi boxes but in many cases, it weakens them considerably.

Also, I am not sure anyone makes a stand alone TCU (computer) for this application since it isn't a common swap.

We are working on it though as I really want a DSG option for the Nemesis platform, specially our LMP2 race car (and Apex now as well). If it is possible, we will make it happen. The only issue is that is needs to be possible and somewhat economical for other people to want to do it.

We will keep everyone posted though. :thumbsup:

That's very good to hear. I would prefer the dsg in the Nemesis 2 and Apex.....just not sure which one I want to build first.

They are both great vehicles. Hopefully we will have an Apex started soon. You are welcome to come by if you are ever in Northern California to see them and take them for a spin.

Are you planning the Nemesis tandem as a track car or street car? Our Nemesis's are track only.

Last edited:
Funny you mentioned that....I was on your site to see your address. I have a trip to Socal later this month. I will see if I can get a layover in Oakland and hustle over there.

Hey Pat,

When will you complete the Nemesis 2 build? Any particular reason you are making it track only?

-J

Josh, hopefully within the next 30-60 days. No particular reason it will be track only. I have enough fast street cars I guess and this tandem is primarily going to be used to take prospective customers on full throttle joy/test rides

Is the new Tandem replacing the side-by-side version all together or will all three seating arrangements be available?

Jeff-

Is the new Tandem replacing the side-by-side version all together or will all three seating arrangements be available?

Jeff-
Production on the Razor ended even before mention of the Tandem; the tandem has replaced it completely.

Any particular reason, Fran?

How can it replace something that doesn't exist?

But the Razor DID exist from 2008ish until 2013. I owned one for a couple years (2010-2013) It was the most responsive car I've ever driven (and it's a pretty good list including a 458, 991, Z06, Vipers, etc). Anyways, production of the Razor stopped last year around August. The Nemesis continued production, but now as a VW powered version. The tandom has been around for about a year, but production only started recently.

If it wasn't for the dmv dummies here in Nevada, I would've kept the Razor or even buy a Nemesis in the future.

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!
So there is no future plan for a side-by-side? Not trying to beat a dead horse, just curious about how the need for the tandem came about and if the Razor just wasn't popular enough?

Jeff-

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The Razor was not discontinued because it didn't sell.,it actually sold quite well.

I replaced it with the Tandem because of the ability to use similar parts and drivetrain to other models we have in the line up...ie Nemesis and LMP2, same drivetrain as the Apex.

We don't use a transverse engine package in any of our other cars and the Razor had its own range of components that had little to no carry over from other products.

Just a simple business decision...and the Tandem is actually selling pretty well already

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
So far we have had ALL models of our cars licensed for the street in Canada and I don't see any reason why the N2 cant be either.

It may require some builder personalization depending upon where you are but that's not a deal breaker in my eyes.

Thanks Fran!
I definitely was not trying to imply anything negative. I knew there had to be a specific reason to design a whole new 2 seater version when you already had one. Appreciate the explanation!

Jeff-

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
None taken
The razor offered too many options if drivetrain which in itself was part of the issue
The N2 is better aligned with our existing products

Back