Nemesis Questions

As I said in my introduction thread, I am not very close to making a purchase mainly because I don't know much. Decided to make a post here so if anyone else looks for similar information they may find it as well, but if Fran (or any others with info) prefers a PM with answers would be awesome as well.

First off, are they still being made? I know of the hiatus a few months ago and a possible redesign coming up, but I'd prefer to get in on the lower price model as I don't need extreme performance for the auto-x's and few track days I see.

I am considering picking up a ~'95 VW 2.0 and transmission to build up if I decide to go forward with this. I have yet to see any pictures/instructions for this car with the VW setup, are any available? Given that I will have plenty of time to build one it will likely be turbocharged (or super, if one shows up), will this fit? Not familiar with the transmission, is it standard or somehow a sequential flappy paddle?

From my understanding, it is basically shipped almost ready to run; drop the motor and transmission in and it's ready to rock 'n roll?

What is all customizable? I have seen a red one on youtube; if I am "building" such a car I have my preferences (not much, just a white frame/white body probably). The bolt pattern of the wheels?

Definitely a while off as the 4 month build time means it'd show up at the beginning of winter here, so January-ish would probably be the earliest I would want to order to get it late spring. I am still looking into other vehicles I am interested in but keep coming back to the Nemesis; the dollar to fun ratio seems better than anything else available. I apologize, I have so many questions, can't really make calls at the moment so this seems like the best option. I'm sure I probably have more but I'll try to stop there for now... :lipsrsealed:

First off, are they still being made? I know of the hiatus a few months ago and a possible redesign coming up, but I'd prefer to get in on the lower price model as I don't need extreme performance for the auto-x's and few track days I see.
Perhaps there is some confusion here, either mine or yours :)

I understood that the Razor (ex-SL-R) was suspended from production - it's the two seater roadster. The Nemesis is the single seater, with the VW engine option, and, AFAIK, is still available.

PM Sent.

EDIT:
1 more, what motor, more specifically. Theres an 1995 8 valve 2.0 on my local craigslist right now for $350, but if I remember correctly there was a 16 valve too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM. It does look like both are / were out of production at the end of April. superlitecars.com says it for just the Razor. Trying to put a deposit down would let you really know :)

Back