New GT?

The last GT short run had nothing to do with fuel economy requirements, and an 07 GT500 is not indicative of fuel economy today. There's no burning need to ecoboost a new GT to add a green eco leaf to someone's product portfolio- the V8's are plenty efficient as-is.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Without digging any books out, all I can remember is there were 101 official FoMoCo imports for the 'European market'.

That was the quantity Ford settled on to have converted (lights, headlamp washers, exhaust etc) & I know plenty of potential buyers were unlucky.

(There's many personally imported ones running around too)

Regards Steve

Really? That low? I am surprised. It wasn't as if it was expensive or that it didn't receive major free publicity (in the shape of one J Clarkson). So, in essence the Ford GT program was really for domestic consumption only, but I wonder if the proposed new one will be?

People have made a big killing on the previous GT though. Why, I've even heard of buyers who purely did a back to back deal without even getting their hands on it!

Disgraceful...:furious:

Hi Keith

Yes we could of sold a lot more.
If I remember correctly there were only 28 for the UK out of that 101.

I've only ever seen one advertised for less money than it was new in the UK ( &, typically, that was one that the owner had 'improved' )

Cheers Steve

Really? That low? I am surprised. It wasn't as if it was expensive or that it didn't receive major free publicity (in the shape of one J Clarkson). So, in essence the Ford GT program was really for domestic consumption only, but I wonder if the proposed new one will be?

People have made a big killing on the previous GT though. Why, I've even heard of buyers who purely did a back to back deal without even getting their hands on it!

Disgraceful...:furious:

By the end of the run I was on a Ford Dealer in Tampa Florida looking for a GT500 and he had 2 Ford GT in the showroom (Gulf colors and white/blue) and he was having problem selling them in early 2007. The price were below $140K. The Ford GT interest is from the last 3 or 4 years with prices in the $300K and higher

The 2005/2006 Ford Gt will only do one thing......GO THROUGH THE ROOF!
You all know my love for the car but the worldwide love is even stronger.
A car that has 550 hp, A/C and bare minimum essentials make it the perfect combination.
My 2003 Aston Vanquish cost thousands just to look at , where a GT needs 8 plugs from a F150 AND 2 TAURUS AIR FILTERS for a total cost of 50 dollars and away you go!
Just a wonderful ride.......just a shameful plug, there are 2 wonderful books that explain it all on ebay and Ford if you want to learn more:thumbsup:
GTJOEY1314 ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS.

The 2005/2006 Ford Gt will only do one thing......GO THROUGH THE ROOF!
You all know my love for the car but the worldwide love is even stronger.
A car that has 550 hp, A/C and bare minimum essentials make it the perfect combination.
My 2003 Aston Vanquish cost thousands just to look at , where a GT needs 8 plugs from a F150 AND 2 TAURUS AIR FILTERS for a total cost of 50 dollars and away you go!
Just a wonderful ride.......just a shameful plug, there are 2 wonderful books that explain it all on ebay and Ford if you want to learn more:thumbsup:
GTJOEY1314 ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS.

I think R&T had an article a few month ago about the high maintenance cost of exotic cars. I claimed that McLaren has to be shipped to England for service and the Enzo needed a special lift for service. The Ford GT was designed using the Ford's parts inventory. I am really sorry I did not buy a GT in 2007

Define through the roof?
4 Years ago, they bottomed out at $133,000. Ever since government rules and regulations, lack of inspiration and NOTHING new coming from ANY car company, they have steadily climbed the charts.
Ive owned most if not all kinds of cars from the 20's to today. Im a driver and the value is secondary, but the FORD GT , was the perfect storm at the perfect time in terms of economy, demographics and all the rest.
Add the low,low,low cost to maintain and you have a winning combo.
My Aston as stated was the most beautiful car, a complete drama queen to run. Lambo's, Jags even though better , they are all drama queens with one tire tied to the dealer.
Like that line?
I pegged the prices 12 months ago and everyone scoffed.
As predicted an MSO Heritage is 500+, low mileage, 400+
All others minus Sonic Blue are around 300+
Sonic Blue, the sky will be the limit.
If Ford does produce something and they use the name sake.
I wish them all the luck in the world, but it wont be the same.
If a v6 eco boost comes.
2005/2006 Ford Gt's will go to 600 grand across the spectrum, REAL FAST.
IMHO, but to me , Im driving my GT to AMELIA ISLAND in the snow and should put another 8,000 miles in the next 4 months.....
Trying to hit 100,000 miles in 36 months.
Enjoy the holidays.
GTJOEY1314

Low production numbers, iconic design, easy (relatively & comparatively) to maintain (I've read and I'm told.......and not by Jeremy Clarkson!) and whats not to love. If I had the spare cash I'd buy one for all the reasons stated. I can see no reason why this car will not continue to increase in value. It carrries all the ear marks of a car on its way up and up.

Joey, what will be interesting to see is if your car, given what its been through and is going through, will increase or decrease in value.

Low production numbers, iconic design, easy (relatively & comparatively) to maintain (I've read and I'm told.......and not by Jeremy Clarkson!) and whats not to love. If I had the spare cash I'd buy one for all the reasons stated. I can see no reason why this car will not continue to increase in value. It carrries all the ear marks of a car on its way up and up.

Joey, what will be interesting to see is if your car, given what its been through and is going through, will increase or decrease in value.

Salvage/Totaled cars are now bringing more than original sticker prices. Its just unheard of for a modern car overall.
If you get lucky enough to own one, you will understand. If you run into me one day, ill take you for a ride. If my leg cramps up, you might have to take the wheel.:thumbsup:
Enjoy
GTJOEY1314

I'll take you up on your offer should we meet again. Last time we met at Amelia Island I recall you being the best dressed guy in the room. I'll look forward it!

Keith

The Jeremy Clarkson comment was alluding to the shameless Ford ass licking he practised after years of slagging the company off, just to get himself on the very limited UK GT allocation.

As a result, it was THE most publicised 'supercar' ever in the UK, but true to form, once he got his hands on it he reverted to type, slagged it off then sold it. I don't believe he made any kind of money on it either although I believe there was a buyers premium at the time..

I'll take you up on your offer should we meet again. Last time we met at Amelia Island I recall you being the best dressed guy in the room. I'll look forward it!

I will be there once again, might even have a booth with all the GT books and all.
Yes the suits are a must and the tux for the big dinner night.
Amelia is always worth it, and yes barring a snow storm , Im driving the GT 900 miles to florida, meet me , you can sign under the hood, make a contribution to the Veterans returning from middle east and I will be more than happy to take you for a ride. Might give the keys to Brian Redman as well.
At 70 plus he can run rings around us driving....
See you their.
By the way a contribution is buying a GT book, you get to sign my GT and the ride...........
Fun stuff.
GTJOEY1314

Joey, I'll look forward to seeing you there. As for Brian Redman, I recall taking a ride with him in a early turbo Porsche 930. WOW, he had that car bending in directions I doubt even the factory imagined. What a thrill and even better memory.

Keith, thanks for your response and input. I was not aware of the "after effects" once he had the car. I just recall his scathing remarks once he got it.

The key word is "MIGHT" as more articles are being retracted. It looks like a race spec car will be built, not a true GT in the form we know it. Look for a v6 ecoboost, maybe mid engine, maybe bulked up mustang. If what I think is coming.
Your 2005/2006 FORD GT will go to $600,000 very shortly.
It was and is still the REAL DEAL!
GTJOEY1314

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Why stop at $600k? I would pronounce them million dollar cars and take them straight into 7 figures!

In Ford land 600,000 is a lot of money. In true exotic sports car land , Ferraris,Cobra's its not a lot of money. The Ford GT has landed in that group and well deserved.
Its the best of modern comforts without going over board, bullet proof mechanicals and cheap to run.
My Aston as stated before is a drama queen, just like the Lambo's, Maserati's and all the rest.
Remember when you couldn't get 30 grand for a Dino.......
Remember Cobras at 30 grand even in the 80's.
I should have bought an original GT40 MARK 1, when I had the chance 10 years ago, remember when 300 grand was insane?
It was to be the book end to the new GT.
The wheels and a spare tranny are more........
There is nothing new that stirs the soul, in America there is nothing sexy like European sports cars, just over bloated hot rods.
Its a unique time.
Luke, missed you my friend, hows the family,blood pressure and all?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Blood pressure? Haha mine is low as it always is. How is the circle jerk known as the FGT Alley?

Back