New GT40 race car build

I have bought an abandoned project, from the 1990's, its not a kit car, but a full monocoque built from riveted alloy, it has indy car suspension and a nascar Roush engine with hewland gearbox.
The car is built to race and we need help with the rollcage, there is a very solid bulkhead, which I think can be used as the main hoop, then fit A-bars and diagonals, does anyone have detailed plans of the original le mans cars

Attachments

• GT40 023.JPG
    GT40 023.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 528
  • GT40 049.JPG
    GT40 049.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 525
  • DSCN0110.JPG
    DSCN0110.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 527
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 16.29.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 16.29.22.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 531
  • GT40 017.JPG
    GT40 017.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 519

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have bought an abandoned project, from the 1990's, its not a kit car, but a full monocoque built from riveted alloy, it has indy car suspension and a nascar Roush engine with hewland gearbox.
The car is built to race and we need help with the rollcage, there is a very solid bulkhead, which I think can be used as the main hoop, then fit A-bars and diagonals, does anyone have detailed plans of the original le mans cars

Interesting car...
With what sanctioning body will this car be competing in?
I have not heard of any organization that accepts anything other than tubular (round) steel...

I like the super long length A-Arms up front and inboard rocker suspension, it looks like a well thought out design there. Good luck with the project, and keep the updates coming. Start a Build Log on this site, that'd be great to see as it comes together.

Hi Alan, I saw this for sale a few months ago, and I was a bit confused, as the long front wishbones are using the space where your legs go? is it going to have a central driving position?

Hi Alan, I saw this for sale a few months ago, and I was a bit confused, as the long front wishbones are using the space where your legs go? is it going to have a central driving position?
Hi Brian its right hand drive but the pedal box is offset to the left

Roll cage wise I guess it would be down to the organizing body for cage requirements. Hope you're going to start a build log ??

Back