New GT40s.com section... Please review

Hello everyone. I have been working closely with Ron to create a new FAQ page for GT40s.com. I plan to take submitted articles from the various forum users and manufacturers and edit, format and post them on the new site. Currently I have the following sections created; Engine and Transaxle, Body and Exterior, Chassis, Interior, Electrical (including fuel and induction), Brand specific articles, Literature, and links to different build sites. Any article that I post will also be offered in adobe PDF format for ease of downloading and printing. So many times have I wanted to take a printed web page to the garage with me only to have printing issues with the page.

I also plan to offer links to all the manufacturers, plus any other related firms (exhaust, tranaxle, whatever).

I've got the shell posted on my wife's domain for preview at: http://gt40.little-lamb.com/index.html

Mind you the site is just a shell at this point, the only links that work are the Table of Contents, the Contact Us link and the Privacy statement. Right now I'd like everyone's opinion on the navigation and layout of the pages. If everyone likes it I'll start asking for content from our members.

Thanks in advance for the comments.

-Shannon

It needs a History page.

Also, I think it ought to have an original car in the logo (or whatever you call that picture at the top of the screen).

[ QUOTE ]
It needs a History page.

Also, I think it ought to have an original car in the logo (or whatever you call that picture at the top of the screen).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call on the history page. I didn't even think about that, but that's why I'm offering up a preview. As far as the logo screen goes, I didn't have any pics of an original (or replica) car.. and I wasn't about to lift one... especially when one of the replica manufacturers got blasted for doing that a few weeks ago. If anyone has any "strike a pose" worthy GT40 pics, I would be glad to use them. Please send them to my email address: [email protected].

Any other comments?

Thanks,
Shannon

Steve,
I've added a History section and I'm hunting for a good pic of an original (or replica) GT40 for the logo.

I'm going to start adding content soon.

-Shannon

How about something like this? I can do a better scan, but it's got new and old, room on the right for text or whatever. And yes, I believe that is J6 bringing up the rear
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 22936-logo.JPG
    22936-logo.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 229
Very easy to navigate your way through. Excellent layout. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Too many info resources these days are full of too much glitter, animation and other crap that are irrelevant.

Lets keep it simple.

I'm sure it'll become a popular addition to the site.

Regards,

J.P

Back