New guy here

Oh yes, and please elaborate on what exactly it is that I don't know what I am talking about according to you, RX Heven.

lots and lots and lots of reliable torque :nice:

Not only that, but it makes the niftiest of sounds

Rotary
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ POP POP POP POP ........zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ POP POP POP

(watch the video at the end, it's hilarious)
YouTube - Colorado's fastest RX-7 catching on fire!

V8
vrOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (or something like like that; and yes, I know I can't drive in the video, I'm scarred to go beyond 1/4 throttle in my car.....I think the secondaries on my Holley are rusted shut at this point from lack of use :laugh: )

YouTube - 1965 Shelby Cobra Drive

Conclusion - One of these sounds much better than the other ;)

threadjack.....

OK.

Let's review.

Bruce ask about the possibility of using a rotary in an SLC.

I gave my opinion that it shouldn't be for the average builder.

RX Heven called BS on my opinion.

I ask what was BS.

Why exactly is that a thread hijack, rstallbaum?

I don't know what it is, but many of the people involved with the SLC seem to be SO up tight. Not like that over on the GTM forum. Don't know exactly what that speaks to, but pretty interesting.

OK.

Let's review.

Bruce ask about the possibility of using a rotary in an SLC.

I gave my opinion that it shouldn't be for the average builder.

RX Heven called BS on my opinion.

I ask what was BS.

Why exactly is that a thread hijack, rstallbaum?

I don't know what it is, but many of the people involved with the SLC seem to be SO up tight. Not like that over on the GTM forum. Don't know exactly what that speaks to, but pretty interesting.

maybe because this is Bruce's thread not yours?

maybe the members here are just pulling your chain to see your reaction?

Rick

Sorry guys I'll try not to ask any further questions. Can we all get along now? LOL Honestly I know a 3 rotor build would be wild because a 3 rotor is already wild in itself. Now I do like the fact that you can rev higher and it does make awesome sounds with a mean bridge port. I also like that if someone is tailing me on the track I can blow a 15 foot flame on his window.

maybe the members here are just pulling your chain to see your reaction?

Rick

That's called TROLLING and I thought better people than that posted here, but NOW we are quite a bit off topic.

A rotaries great, so long as you know what your in for.

Sometimes threads follow the rules of an obscure and little known law of physics termed: "Doc Kaler's law of forum thread entropy".....whereby any thread going beyond two pages will begin, by random Brownian motion, to degenerate to it's basic elements leaving no trace of it's origins.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Sometimes threads follow the rules of an obscure and little known law of physics termed: "Doc Kaler's law of forum thread entropy".....whereby any thread going beyond two pages will begin, by random Brownian motion, to degenerate to it's basic elements leaving no trace of it's origins.

Delta G baby!

Roger,

I saw that you've posted only a couple of times so I wanted to extend a Welcome if not already done!

As for procrastinating (and assuming you are sitting on the money already)....you only live once! I'll say what I said to Dave "close your eyes and dive in!". :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome. I'm married, so it's never quite that simple ;). I'll get there in the end though.

Back