New here, but old everywhere else.

Hi All,

I'm a regular on few other Ford forums so some you may know me already. My screen name is zray on the SAAC , 289 HiPo, and VMF forums.

As a kid I worked at my dads cafe in our little town of Bartlesville, OK. Fortunately for me, the cafe was located right across the street from the local Ford dealer, Bill Doenges Ford. So I got to know the mechanics, salesmen,and office staff pretty well, as well as Mr. Doenges. I was immersed in all things Ford from the beginning, and have never regretted it. Got a ride in a Cobra in '65, of which I'm still remembering every second like it just happened.

My first GT40 was made by Stromberger, and at 1/32 scale, a little too small for full enjoyment. I can tell you the Ferrari on my slot car set never once beat the the Ford.

I got to work in my Uncles repair shop in junior high. He prepped several NASCAR type stock cars for some local outlaw racers and I was elbow deep in them every chance I got.

Some 50 years later, I'm still appreciating all high performance Fords, and have owned a few of them, numerous K code Mustangs. One of which I bought in Santiago in the early 1970's and drove it all the way up the Andes to Colombia. Had a few Shelbys along the way as well. Sold my last '66 GT350 in 2012.

Nice to be here,

Z.

That ride from Santiago to Columbia sounds like a real adventure and probably some great memories !

me and a pal flew down there and had planned to hitchhike back as far as we could northward. We hadn't gone 100 km before we came upon an old gas station with a totally clapped out beat to death '66 K code coupe being worked on. the guy waved us over, and one thing led to another. we bought it for about $500 dollars and High-O Silver, away we roared. That thing was tough as nails and never really let us down beyond flat tires and condensation in the distributor cap. The timing was retarded about 15 degrees to run on poor gas.

My pal hit a mule, and that about got us a machete haircut.

I don't what what the statute of limitations is, so I can't go into too much other detail.

Z.

Back