New here. What GT40 kit to go for and papers for the kit

Hi. I am new here. I have always been into sport cars and lately i have been thinking more and more about buiding a GT40 Mk1.
I have looked at several cars from cheap ones to to most expenshive ones.

So i have to as which kit is a great kit and a kit that i should go for?
Having said that the DMW / IVA / TUV here where i live really likes the German TUV papers.

I noticed a kit from www.ActivePowerCars that is located in the US that delivers a roller and for a nice price.. Web site: www.ActivePowerCars.com

The most easy for me is to go for a European made kit i guess that already have IVA or TUV papers
Any here that have any suggestions of which kit to go for?
I am really glad for all help about this

I am currently building an Active Power Lola t70 Mk 3b. I am very happy with Activepowers owner Chris Arden and his product.I really like the C6 suspension.There is a thread here called Miami Active power build. Check it out. Excellent value. Thanks Don

I am in the process of building a Southern GT. Early days so far but I would have no hesitation in recommending them. Mick and Carol are based in Southampton, UK.

I will check around when it comes to manufacturers. But please continue with advices of which kit to go for :)
The problem here where i live is that Norways answer to the UK`s IVA or Germanys TUV are so strict.
I guess i will need a lot of papers from the kit manufacturer.

When it comes to engines the most likely choice is off course a Ford V8.
But it could have been really fun to drop in a 2002-2008 Mercedes M285 E55, V12 engine that sounds like an Formula 1 with a V10 engine:)
I am pretty sure that is the same engine that is used in the Pagani Zonda
Check the youtube clip below of a Mercedes S600, W220 with stainless steel exhaust. It for sure soumds mean :)

Last edited:
Chris from Active Power is currently putting my roller together and doing a great job. I went with his build based on detailing several of his completed GTs and price. Chris runs his operation with only a handful of dedicated experienced workers. You can go into the Active Power Cars website and see my roller’s progress.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com
Please comply with our rules regarding user names.. Real names only please.
Thank you.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hello,
IVA is an inspection test performed by an IVA test center after the car is built. More info on that in many threads on here ref: IVA manual.
Haven't seen any kits delivered with IVA nor TUV papers before the car is built.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Welcome, After my experience I would ask a lot of questions before you wright a cheque. Quality,cost, delivery time and support. If you can, visit the shops that get your interest after all this will be a big investment. I almost spent the time and money to visit Tornado in England because of my interest in the carbon fiber tub. If you like you can PM me.

Back