New member from Le Mans country

Hi everyone,
Just a few words to indtroduce myself. I do not own a GT40 even a replica, it's just a dream and it's since a lot of time. Every thing began when I was a young boy and when my father took me at Le Mans, first time in 1965, then 66, 67, 69... You all know here what happenned when I saw these cars... So, I am also a Lotus fan, have owned a Europa S2 (the poorman GT40 someone said at that period..) and now own an Elise S1.
Hope to be able to do a few kms in a good GT40 Replica but these cars are quite scarce here.
And not sure if I will be able one day to afford me a nice GT40 replica but we can dream... and now I have a lot of things to read on this forum!

PS : sorry for my English which may be not "academic" sometimes!

Salut compatriote,

Courage ! I've been dreaming of a GT40 replica for 25 years, before being able to afford a good old GTD (which was not exactly a trailer queen, but ... I've always prefered vintage cars with some nice patina ! ;)).

Some members here live in Le Mans area. You should be able to get in touch with some kind GT40 owner, close to your home.

Hey, another frenchie! :thumbsup:
Thank you for the encouragement! By Le Mans country I mean in France but more precisely I live in Paris area.
Congratulations for the GTD buy.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome. Fly to Colorado and I will take you out for an afternoon or three in mine :)

Hi
Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am blessed with living in Le Mans country: La Sarthe.
Regards
Stephen
Thanks Stephen, yes it's a chance ti live near Le Mans and more, to own a GT40 Replica to go to the circuit! :cheesy:
I think the Dax GT40 is not very common.

Hi FourtyMans,

I know Pilouleshublots, if you have a question about GT40, that's for him, he's the French GT40 bible !!

From my side I live in Toulouse but come every week in Paris for my job.

I own GT40P/2193, an SPF with Roush engine (see pictures below).

When I bought it:

P1080495-s.JPG

After "little" modifications...:

20131006_094726_HDR.jpg

No problem for a drive in my car but you'll have to come to Toulouse...

Would be really pleased to meet you here in Paris. Are you available beginning of next week ?

OliveR

Thanks OliveR, if I am going to Toulouse some day I would be very pleased to see your SPF. I will contact also Pilouleshublots when I will have some free time but I am very busy at the moment.
May I know how and where did you bought your SPF? I think it's difficult to get one in France.

Regards

Back