new member!

finally got round to posting the application form off to Des this morning.
How long does membership normally take to approve etc and for magazine to be sent out?

non GT40 owner so treat me kindly lol!

hoping to get on some trackdays with club members this/next year as mine isnt a road legal car so track only for me.
cheers
chris

:thumbsup: Hi Chris, Welcome
Shouldn't take too long, but we now have a new membership secretary, Max Walter, Des will pass you info on asap.
Tony Hunt, editor will send you a mag soon & there is a next edition due out next month.
Have a look at the club web site as it updated frequently, there are postings of the track day at Donington, Prescott & TT hill climbs.
See the list of club committee member for any help required, also the events list, next track day is France in August.
Next year Le Mans Classic & AGM Donington track day to look forward to.

Cheers,
David Scaife.
Club Secretary.:thumbsup:

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Non-GT40 owners are just as welcome.

Sorry nothing received in the post yet. Was there a reason it has gone indirectly via Desmond?

Hopefully it might turn up today as I will be working on club stuff this evening. Nominally I will be pulling the list of members to receive the June magazine tonight as well, but you'll get the mag anyway even if I just have to send you one.

Cheers,

Max

hi Max
actually it wasnt posted till saturday miday! do'h! wife had it in bag and forgot to post it, should be with you tomorrow /wed i would hope. let me know if not. i did actually send it to the membership address on the form which i picked up at the donny trackday. looking forward to the club mag!
cheers
chris

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Hopefully then it might come directly to me and it might arrive today.

Cheers,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

It turned up Wed or Thurs, and I processed it and sent out your Starter Pack Friday afternoon 1st Class Royal Mail (along with another I was doing in parallel). You'd like to think 1st Class meant they could get it to you the following day, but clearly not these days... I guess you'll get it Monday.

I will send you the June magazine when it is published.

Cheers,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Good to hear.

Slightly disappointing about Royal Mail's 1st Class service - 3 days (+1 for Sunday)!

Max

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice looking car Chris! :thumbsup:

More information about your driveline?

I was somewhat surprised to see an open wheel formula car mixed in with sedans. They're very hard to see in your mirrors..

yes it was a mixed day, but generally only 10 cars out at once so it was never that busy. didnt notice the formula car tbh, only one guy in a westy who failed to move over as per track etiquette for 2 laps before he realised he was holding us up!

car has an upside down porsche G50 box with torsen diff and h/d driveshafts etc. engine is a forged ls6 bought just at the right time when the dollar was weak (£2k for a full forged bottom end!)
heads are stock refurbished ls1 243's with uprated rockers, pushrods, retainers, springs. cam is very mild, 220/220 and i only rev to 6400rpm
carb is a demon 750cfm with mechanical secondary, and an msd 6010 box does the ignition working from the stock crank and cam sensors. car runs a 7 1/2" super clutch full paddle clutch
i run an ARE dry sump and twin coolers, no ps/abs/air con etc etc!

tyres are 255 or 245 fronts and 335 rears.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sounds like a very nice setup all the way around. Do you recall the series of the G50? 01/02/03/50/52 ??
What sort of shifter arrangement? Looks like it was working well for you...

Sounds like a very nice setup all the way around. Do you recall the series of the G50? 01/02/03/50/52 ??
What sort of shifter arrangement? Looks like it was working well for you...

i cant remember offhand which model it actually was, it came out of a 92 carrera and is 5 speed, its not overly long gearing either. its all rod change, with uj's etc, its not 100% perfect but works, you do need to be deliberate as such with the changes. i fitted a quaife diff in place of the std open diff.

Back