New Memeber - Iggy

Hello all!
I stumbled across this wonderful site while searching information on GT40's.
I have been a fan of the GT40 since the 1960's. The more I read and learn about them the more I realize the significance of their design and manufacture. In the two weeks I've been poking around and reading various threads I've learned more about it than I ever knew before.
And the videos! The sound of a 289 at full song! Wonderful!
THANK YOU!

I'm not an GT40 owner or in the process of buiding one (I wish!). Just a big fan.

I hail from Kissimmee, Florida.
I'm currently a Hardware Quality Engineer for a major defense contractor. Previously I was a Jouneyman Machinist, Certified Welder (TIG, MIG, Stick), Electronics Technician (electro-mechanical devices).

I am a fan of Ford products. I owned a '66 Shelby GT350 in days when they were just another "Hot Mustang". In 1975 I bought it cheap off a used car lot in New Jersey. Dealer didn't understand what he had. I knew what it was immediately.
Unfortunately I no longer own it.

Anyhow, that's about it for now.
Glad to be here. Looking forward to learning much more about the GT40.
And if there are any gatherings or shows where the GT's will be attending I'd love to go. Sad to say....I've never seen one in person.

Bob, welcome! Ian's spot on!

I live up in Gainesville, (FL) and got bitten 3 years ago and its been a typical romance since. [read, high's and low's] There are a few owners in your area (VEEK of this forum lives in Orlando) that might let you take a peek at their machines and even take you for a spin. These are breathtaking cars but they certainly take a different breed of understanding to own one. I say this because my car came from a guy who had the car built and once he drove it he found he hated it. I wish you luck in your search. BTW my neighbor owns a 65 GT 350...bought it in '74 for $400.00 (I saw the receipt) but he still has his. V nice!

Thanks for the welcome.

Ian, I was "bitten" a long time ago. I've been infected for a while and dreamed of building one for a long time. For now it'll have to remain a dream.

Jimmy P, I ran a general search for "Orlando" and saw who is loacal to my area.
Your neighbor is lucky, he paid a cheaper price than I did for my GT350 ($1,800) and nice to hear he held on to it all these years. I still kick myself for letting mine go.

Back