New on this forum.

Hi gt40 lovers, My name is Joop and I'm a GT40 fan since 1979.
Yes, a long time and still no GT40 in my garage. :sad:

I saw a beautifull car in the spring of 1978 and some time later I saw it again. Found the owner and talked about the car, it was a FT Bonito, a VW based kit car.
Some month's later I saw one in my home city, Eindhoven and also tracked down the owner. After visiting him several times I told him that I was interesting in buying one too.
He had good news for me, a neighbour of him, an appartmentblock further had one for sale and soon it was mine. He was just in the proces of tearing it down again after registration-inspection, so I had quite some work. About a year later I could take it on the road (yeah a student only has time during the weekends).
After some time I found out that the Bonito was designed after the GT40 and slowly my passion for the Bonito slid away.
In 1982 I sold it and bought a normal car.
Hopefully I will be able to purchase a GT40 (replica) in the future.

Hi Joop,
Welcome on this forum
You can find a lot on this forum also cars for sale so who knows........(future)
the more gt's in holland the better
cheers
frank

Hi Joop,
Welcome on this forum
You can find a lot on this forum also cars for sale so who knows........(future)
the more gt's in holland the better
cheers
frank

Hi Frank,

First: you have a fine project on your hands, starts getting very good. Any plans about when it's getting on the road?

I already found out that there's a lot to find in this forum, too much I thought last night. Got crazy idea's already.........about building my own:lipsrsealed:
from scratch.
Well, at least it has to wait untill we live in a different house with a biiiig shed (een grote loods dus). Buying such a house is one thing, selling our own is another, in these times.

Some weeks ago I found my first car again (FT Bonito) but I'm never going that road again.
Speaking about cars, I saw a little portion of a C Rekord/A Commodore in one of your pictures. I have two of those too. One of them I bought in '84 (that's a member of the family, I dragraced it 4 seasons, but use it only on the street now) and the other one in '91 (still has to be restored).
And then there is the BMW M3 GT, beautifull and very fine car and very good condition.

But the most beautifull and best of all, in my opinion, is the GT40. Your right, the more GT40's in Holland, the better. We might start getting rid of all the speedbumps first.

Greetings, Joop.

Joop.
I still own my first car to.. a ft bonito (now for about 24 years ) but it's standing in a shed covered with plastic
and the opel is a c coupe rekord it's from a friend of my who owns the garage
he used to ralley with the car (classic sls,penrite night,he did tulip ralley ones)

Speedbumps tja ................
Cheers Frank

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for welcoming me in the forum.

Lots of gt's ??
You mean gt's like, for instance, my BMW M3 GT?
Or do you mean GT40's??

If you mean the latter...........where do they hide them all?

I saw only one up to now and that was long ago. I don't even know if that guy still has it today.

Anyways, I'm gonna find out more on this forum I hope.

welcome Joop,

If you want a ride in a GTD let me know and i will take the GTD to Zandvoort.

To me there are 4 roadgoing replica GT-40's and 3 in birth and i have seen 1 Ford GT-40 from H. Hugenholz in NL.

M.v.G.

Lucas

Hi Bernie, tankx for welcoming me.

Lucas, I will gladly take you up to that.
There is, hopefully another GT40 in Holland. It's the carbon-bodied roofless Safir.
When I visited Ben Huisman, father of Patrick & Duncan, he had one and he wouldn't sell that one quickly. But it's quite a while since I've been there.

Hi TOM,
you're right, around NL can also mean surrounding NL.
You are building quite a useable GT40 in your "not so big Garage" and it's becoming a fine car if I look what you already have been doing.

One day, I hope to start building my own GT40, the car of my dreams.
Until that I will be enjoying looking thrue this forum.

Joop.

Back