New owner of P2107

I just bought SPF P2107 thru a dealer in Houston Tx that had it listed for Dennis Reed Motorsports down in Lousiana. Apparently some of your remember this blue w/ white stripes GT40 as being their Demo car since it was built in 2006 and assembled by Olthoff. A guy that had spent some track time in it sent me his photos which reflect polished aluminum Roush valve covers and a black shift ball. When I got it dropped at my door here in Wa state last week found it now has black krinkle finish Jack Roush VC's w/ cast in plug wire holders. I would assume this is an updated design for plug wire retention. Car has an air gap on it w/ vac secondary Holley and 6AL box. Good old school stuff I can work on. Yokohama tires seem kinda hard as if you push the brakes hard the car likes to slide. I can threshold brake w/ the best of them but this will take some getting used to. Also find that the headlights kind of point up into the trees off into the ozone. Have to wing it getting the headlights cranked back down. Glad I got this thing as it has made me realize I will have to add some insulation to the bulkhead of my Pantera when I start putting it back together so I can save what hearing I have left. As I get acclimated to this car I am sure I will have some reasonable questions to throw at you guys. Thank you

Hi Brad and Welcome!!

Those Yokahamas might be getting a little old having sat in the showroom for awhile. Check the manufacturer's date on the tires.

Congratulations on the SPF Brad. The Yokos are crap especially for track days. I tried race pads and all I get is a vibration under hard braking at PIR. No vibration with street compound, but fades bad. What is happening is due to all those tiny tread blocks squirming around. Got a second set of wheels with track tires for this year. The only alternatives in 15" are Avons otherwise have to go to 17" wheels. Enjoy-we have got to organize a GT40 gathering either in Seattle or Portland with so many in the neighborhood.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Photos? we always like to see photos. Preferably of car in action.....

You can see pics of p2107 in the SPF forum under SPF numbers. I posted some photos there. Royal Blue really looks good on this one. 10 second video of it idling in SPF forum under its arrived. I am the the video person so after Brad gets to know his car and it stops raining again, I will get some good video for ya'll!!

Salina
Brad's other half :)

Back