New race car

Just for the record, I see that I had not posted on this since June of 2008, in August of 2008 I crashed my CAV and the injuries from that incident plus the fact that I then needed to build a new GT40 sort of set this project and my 350 R clone back a bit.
But all is good now, I should be able to get the race car close and the Mustang on the road.
Thanks for your interest in this project.
Dave

I have not updated this build in quite a while, but many good things have happened.
The car is on it's wheels and for the last few months has been at Areo Tech getting new fuel cells made, I am picking it up tomorrow and will be able to move it along all the way thru paint now that this has been done.
Everything on the car has been rebuilt or replaced. I have paid for a -0 ZF for it but am having a problem getting the gear box but that will get worked out.
I have been away for the last 5 months, I sold my home in Ramona, CA and purchased a new home in Vista, which I finally moved into a week ago.
My work shop is in a POD but I rented a space in San Marcos and should have that up and running by July.
Any way it is good to be back.
Dave

Attachments

• PICT2291.JPG
    PICT2291.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Copy of PICT2267.JPG
    Copy of PICT2267.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Copy of PICT2268.JPG
    Copy of PICT2268.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 263
  • PICT2289.JPG
    PICT2289.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 290
  • PICT2290.JPG
    PICT2290.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 228
I'm pretty new to the list. But welcome back sorry to read about your CAV crash. Glad all is well with you now. I looked through the thread & gotta say. That is one super cool piece of Racing history. Glad to see such a piece being lovingly & properly restored to it's former glory. All too often I think. They end up (if not already) being broken up & sold for scrap or as spare parts for other cars. There isn't a big demand I wouldn't think. For old Indy types like there is for road race type machines Can-Am?
Mike S.

Back