New uprights, stub axles and CV's/Axles

Having broken both an upright and an outer CV the last 2 times I attended a track day I decided it was time to make some further up grades to the car.
I had already installed Ian's (CAV Canada) lower control arms and trans mount(allowed me to move engine forward and down) so I installed a set of his steel uprights on all 4 corners and had new stub axles made that will allow the use of a 930 CV joint on the outer part of the axle.
I then was able to make up new axle assemblies using very upgraded CV's and axles that are used on high horsepower offroad racing trucks and buggies.
These assembies will fit all of the newer CAV cars(chassis numbers 100 and up) with ZF Trans and probably will work on any GT40 that uses the 930 CV joint.
I can supply these assemblies for $1,500 plus shipping. That will include the CV's, axles, boots, bolts and grease.
The stub axles(for CAV's chassis number up to 99) are $600/pr and are a direct replacement
for the 90mm Audi cv used on the older CAV.
We are driving the car to Monterey this week and hope to see some of you at the Cantina on thursday.
Dave

Attachments

• Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 001.jpg
    Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 001.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 584
  • Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 002.jpg
    Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 002.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 003.jpg
    Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 555
David,
Bottom Pic, what has been fouling on the upright on lock? Base of Damper or is that some damage from a previous incident?

Jac Mac

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Dave,

The new CVs and drive shafts look the part for sure. I doubt anyone will break them. Thanks for posting the pics. Put me on the list for a set too.

Bruce, the Steel Uprights are a direct replacement for the original CAV cast uprights on pre 100 cars that have been fitted with our Revised Lower Control Arms. They will not work with the stock CAV tubular arms with rubber bushes. You can buy the whole set or one end at time. The price of two front and two rear uprights is 6,200 including new SKF bearings fitted, assembled to your hubs and ready to install. There is a 1,200 core credit for the old parts, net 5,000 for the set of four.

The Revised Lower Control Arms are required to use the new Rear Uprights, since we've included strengthened clevis pin bolts and support for the load carrying joints in the new design, more info here: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/cav-gt40-talk/18170-new-arm-kit.html Please PM or call on the toll free number, I can give you a package price.

Jac, what your seeing on the lower part of the front upright is relief added by Dave to clear the shock at full droop. On the car in the shop we did not get as much droop. A little grinding to suit or we have more parts coming to upgrade the front of early (pre 100) CAVs.

Our new front lower control arms move the shock lower mounting point down as per the original car, this will reduce the excessive droop and give more usable shock damping in bump, more info here: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/cav-gt40-talk/21026-new-front-upper-control-arms-upright.html#post200259

There's more new bits on the way, all good stuff. If your building another brand of car and are interested in any of our parts give me a call, we're here for the whole GT40 community too.

Cheers

Back