newby from the Antipodies

Hi Guys , have just joined up and thought id better introduce myself,
my name is John , and I'm a semi retired Deisel Mechanic from Feilding down in New Zealand.
I have been a mad sports car nut for as long as i can remember and after owning and racing a couple of Lotus seven variants i have finaly realised a dream and have just purchased a semi completed LMP type car
its a replica of the Porsche wsc-95 in my avatar.
I no its not a GT40 in the true sense, but for the record its 39 inches from the ground to top of roll bar, so its almost one.
the build is almost at a rolling chassis, just rear springs and brakes mainly to do then the unenviable task of building the body. but the Design Cad drawings for the both body and Chassis, came with the car so most of the hard work is done, wish me luck
power at this stage still not 100% confirmed , its all set up at present for a Subaru engine and box, but have been impressed with the VQ all alloy Nissan 3 ltr V6. so that could be an option, we'll see
a link to build pics to date here.
stryka_01/Stanton WRC-95 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
another option for a body came to lite last evening, inso much as a freind has offered his complete mould set for a Lola T212 body if it would fit, so that will get invesigated as well.
I will appolagise in advance for asking dumb questions, and pestering every body.
thanks for having me on board
regards
Kaspa

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Kaspa sounds like an interesting project.

A P...... replica. Ross where are you.:eek: A Lola body is the go mate.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey John,

I've been following your build on the Locost forum. Nice to see you find your way here. Welcome and looking forward to your updates.

thanks Chris, it was Doug from perth that put me up to it, i must admit to being rather envious of you guys , a GT40 has always been my dream car from the day they were first unveiled, but alas age has beaten me, so i'll have to settle for the LMP replica, but in saying that ive been thinking " maybe i can fit a GT40 body over it" Mmmmmm still dreaming, but hey there still free.
hope you have enjoyed my rants todate, build has slowed down somewhat as kitty is a bit low, and were moving house the weekend, so ive been in, "try and clean the shed up" mode, NOT reccomended.
cheers for the welcome
Kaspa

Hi Kaspa,
Dont take the P----- comments tooo hard, most of these guys have to resort to Mr P------ or Mr Audi to transmit their Shetland ponies to the ground after they have recovered from the Heart Attack of a ZF price quote!

One Question, is it going to be for Road Use only or will it see some track time?
cheers
Jac Mac

Hi mate, dont worry i'm not a VW fan myself, [no pun intended]
no it will a track only car to run in our Sports car class,
cheers Kaspa

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for the intro Pete didn't take much to bring me in. Hi and welcome Kaspa, pity your from the wrong Island. Let me introduce you to a well positioned P...... , in fact 2 of them.

Ross:laugh:

Attachments

• gt40 race pics.jpg
    gt40 race pics.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 216
ok just so i'm aware of the etoquite i take it that the P word is a naughty that we dont use, well if thats the case i'll call it a Jag cause thats where it originated initialy, untill Mr Walkinshaw got hold of it.

what you talking about Ross, wrong Island indeed. i went over to that other IsLand thirty years ago travelled around for 27 odd years and couldnt find anybody, so i came home. bugger i forgot to turn the light off, if your in the neibourhood give it a flick for me
chow Kaspa

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Sorry Kaspa should have explained. I started the P thing, comes from my deep seated hate of the drivers and their fat cheque books. I'll leave Jac Mac to sort you out on the which Island thing, you cheeky monkey.

Hey Ross yeh understand where your coming from there, about the big cheque books and little appendages,
as for the other Is. i didnt realise Jac Mac was from down there, its so small and irrelivant you tend to forget its there some times, lol
as i'm always copping it from your fellow country men on other forums i tend to jump in when ever the door is left open so to speak, no offence intended.
cheers and beers
Kaspa

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the intro Pete didn't take much to bring me in. Hi and welcome Kaspa, pity your from the wrong Island. Let me introduce you to a well positioned P...... , in fact 2 of them.

Hey nice picture Ross, were they just about to lap you??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist! The devil made me do it.:evil:
I'm sure you kicked their collective P......arses.

well beleive it or not Ive managed to survive the house move ,have got the baby in her new shed, [albeit a fraction of the size of my old one] and have actualy started to do some work on it, as a couple of people have asked i will post a build update to keep those interested up to date but where would i post it , there is only a section for the 40 build logs and being a new commer i dont want to go posting uninvited so to speak.
John

Back