NOS M1 ZF, ERA bellhousing....

New pressure plate and correctly splined single disc, shifter box mounted, diff. safety wired, "eared" RBT cover installed, hydraulic throw-out. All original BMW parts (cover, shifting mechanism....) included. All work performed by Dennis Quella and documented. All parts except shifter box are brand new. Stored in a dry shipping tote in a dry, heated low humidity garage. $14.5K (obvioulsy not a fire sale). Images available for serious inquiries. Thank you for your time.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Actually, for the ZF box, the bellhousing, clutch and the works, this isn't a bad deal. I suspect I have close to that in my identical setup for my car. Did you get the NOS BMW unit from Marino at MAP? Just curious. That was the first part I bought for my GT40, many years ago...

I ordered my box via a BMW dealer from BMW in Germany. It wasn't cheap and I felt fortunate to be able to obtain it directly from BMW ten years ago. Being designed for an M1, it has CV output shafts. I have CV flanged outboard stubs designed to fit ERA uprights that would be included as well...also not cheap to have made. The price I have listed covers my $$ out-lay only and is not intended to insult people viewing the ad. Thanks for looking.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for posting the ad -

I have always thought it was vaguely poor form to criticize what people advertise.....

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
We are using an identical transaxle which was converted at Pantera Proformance, or whatever their name is....I decided to use CV joints, it was the path of least resistance. At least I hope so. The bolt circle on the output flanges matches what are called "porsche 930" joints but are in fact made on that bolt circle by a lot of different manufacturers.

Good luck on this. Like I said, I have this in my setup as well. And I had to shop around for all the bits, plus send the box off for modification, which took the better part of a year. If the whole package had been available, I would have bought it as a unit.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I use the M1 just like you, I had to put the pantera shift rod and box on in order to make it work. Thank goodness I have a good friend who gave me the parts and workshop manual. I like the M1 but wish I had 3.77 ring and pinion. You didn't mention what ring and pinion you have?

Back