Not new but now need a GT40 in my life

Ok I'm not new to this web site as previously asked for advice on the gear box I was building for my kit car, I have now got rid of that car as it was a nightmare I didn't need. Looking now to buy something do able like a GT40 lol, I hear you say this is 1 of the hardest kits to build and yes I've heard that but compared to what I was doing I doubt it.... I considering buying a Tornado GT40 so will hopefully get a lot of advise from here. I previously was building a Minotaur and got a long way into it. had no help from anyone and had to design and engineer everything myself , so hoping this will go better. still to email or contact Tornado as not much point till I have the funds. This group has been massively helpful towards me in the past so looking forward to being more involved with you guys. just seen I need to post location so I'm now living in the arse end of no where in the fens of Linconshire :)

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    471.1 KB · Views: 340
  • PICT0813 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0813 (Medium).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 330
  • PICT0853 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0853 (Medium).JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 341
  • PICT2049 (Medium).JPG
    PICT2049 (Medium).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 403

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Stulad

We did consider buying the Minotaur project when it was available for sale and sorting it out into a kit with a similar format to our GT40 replica.

Anybody who says that building a GT40 is difficult has not looked at our packages.

Everything required to complete the car is supplied including all the smaller items that get forgotten about like nuts, bolts and rivets etc.

No welding or fabrication is required and only general hand tools are required for assembly.

A comprehensive build manual is supplied along with a CD disc containing 285 assembly pictures.

Give me a call if you would like a chat or to book an appointment for a Factory visit.

Thanks

Andy

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Andy, I'm not sure I would agree with you on terminating the Minotaur project. It looks like you'd gotten through the worst of it, and (this is the first time I've been exposed to one) it's got some pretty sexy lines on it.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Terry

Not sure what you mean.

The tooling etc was up for sale several years ago and we considered purchasing it and turning it into a builder friendly package.

We did not go ahead due to how busy we were with the GT40.

We do have a few other projects in the pipe line but we are just to busy at the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Andy,

It just looked to be a very unique car with quite a bit of work already completed. BTW, I love what you guys are doing for the GT40 needs, and 10 years ago I narrowed my thoughts down to a Tornado (instead of what I eventually did build), but it was just beyond my finances at that time.

Andy ; before that Minautaur project there is another one" waiting" for you to start as soon as you have some time left ( oupppps!!) !!!
You know what I mean !!!!;):D:rolleyes:

Hi Andy and everyone else, I have defo narrowed my choice to the Torndo and have spent many hours on your web site dreaming.
I'm convinced I have the ability to build one just struggling to find the 48k required ln one lump lol. btw how do you get round the number plates without being a Q plate ? I know with the Minotaur I had to prove everything was new except 1 item be it gearbox or engine, or I could've gone to age related but that would have meant a donor car? thanks Stu

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Stu

You do not need to buy everything in one lump.

You can do it in stages or even part by part to suit your budget.

We provide all of the paperwork you need to ensure a new registration is obtained.

Thanks

Andy

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
John

The Guy who bought it has been over a couple of times for a few bits and pieces as he is not that far away from us.

Thanks

Andy

Inching closer to pulling the trigger on a GT40 myself ... finalizing which way to go and clearing garage space. Crushed the tip of my middle finger last week, and nearly lost it. So, small set back ...

Back