O1E LSD choices

Hi All,

For whomever is running an 01E box what choices did you make regarding LSD and how do you find it?
How have you found the gearing to be in the real world?

Have any of you opted for sill located shifters?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

Quaife is right in your back yard and they have a good quality helical LSD available for your 01E for about 1,000 pounds.

The Quaife helical LSD works very well. Personally, I prefer plate type LSDs, but either works great. The plate type seems to work better preventing torque steer going down the road, but can put greater stresses on the rear driveline over time....and the plates eventually wear and the break away point decreases correspondingly.

Good luck!

Thanks Cliff, the quaife was the option that I’d seen.
I’ve only ever run aftermarket 1.5/2 way plate diffs which were aggressive but very good at their job. I’m guessing the helical will basically be like driving an updated standard manufacturer LSD? So it’s likely to expect a bit of wheel spin on one wheel before it fully engages and locks?

Howard Jones

Supporter
No! a Quaife will perform as if there is nothing going on other than both rear tires do exactly the same thing ALL the time. Frigin magic! Best 1000 bucks I ever spent (each) . I have them in both my R21 Renault GT40 and my G50 Porsche in my SLC. The car will feel like it has a 100 less HP because it is so well mannered! Like I said friggin magic! I leave the apex and just mat it and it just gets on with it. No drama! If the tires spin they do it at the same time and at the same rate, easy to correct for...…………….just so cool I can't tell ya!

No! a Quaife will perform as if there is nothing going on other than both rear tires do exactly the same thing ALL the time. Frigin magic! Best 1000 bucks I ever spent (each) . I have them in both my R21 Renault GT40 and my G50 Porsche in my SLC. The car will feel like it has a 100 less HP because it is so well mannered! Like I said friggin magic! I leave the apex and just mat it and it just gets on with it. No drama! If the tires spin they do it at the same time and at the same rate, easy to correct for...…………….just so cool I can't tell ya!

Perfect, that’s exactly what I’d be after. Thanks for that Howard :)

I don't have direct experience with this, so take with a big grain of salt. Depending on pre-load, plate type diffs may be more stable under brakes, entering a corner. May also encourage understeer elsewhere. Quaife more neutral throughout the corner.

Back