O1E trans ID

what car did it come in >?
what US car did it come in?

What Car has the O1E trans that is the same pattern was the 016 trans

i have heard that some VW's had it in the USA but are the the same bellhouseing was the 016?

did any of the O1E have a bigger bell housing?

any put will help i going to write most of this up in my new site soon

I Have been taling to KEP about a new addptor for the O1E to small block Because it so close to the 016

i trying to get a O1E for my self and i want the 4.6 apator from them for my car but i have a 2 car that has a 351w thats next

Michael, this topic has been discussed repeatedly and all the information you are looking for has already been posted, but you have to spend a little quality time with the search function. Try using "01E, spreadsheet" as search terms and spend a half hour reading through the threads that come up.

In the US, O1Es only came in AWD cars. The RWD 01Es came in A4s, A6s, A8s, and VW Passats outside of the US. My 016 adapter plate matches my 01E bellhousing except for one of the two starter bolts, but YMMV.

Some of the old links dont work any more and i the one spreadsheet i saw wasnt clear i need a years

i just came back form the junk yard and found a O1e with a diffent bell housing on it

how you can get o1e's in the use that are fwd but there only 5seeds

do you mean fwd ? yu hve AWD and RWD but arnt they FWD ?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
2wd transaxles from audis are front drive gearboxes. Engine is far forward in longiitudinal formation with transaxle behind driving the front wheels. It would seem that this configuration doesn't occur in the US. I was of the understanding that O1e boxes are 6 speed, 016 boxes are 5 speed.
The transaxle codes that give the ratios can be traced back to which cars they came out of - I am sure there are spread sheets that show this info.
As Mark said, there are many threads that cover this topic, time consuming yes but infinitely more informative for the individual...

Bill.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
do you mean fwd ? yu hve AWD and RWD but arnt they FWD ?

fwd can be misleading on occasions because it is used for FOUR wheel drive and FRONT wheel drive. It is better to use fwd=front wheel drive. rwd= rear wheel drive. 4wd=four wheel drive. 2wd = two wheel drive and awd = all wheel drive (although in practice that usually means 2/4wd automatically determined by electronics or a VCU [Viscous Coupling Unit]).
Having said that - I cant see many 4wd or AWD GT40s! Now theres an idea!

i have thought about that for a long time
i know how to do the front end i have done it before in a stock car

but the transfer case in the hard part

i have beenthinking about using the chain drive set up form a torndo or caddy

or a 4' wide cog belt like a blower uses and using a 3 peice drive line you run it along the side of the pan ofthe motor and then carer bareing the a cv joint then a carer baring again then a cv joint and it a staigh shot

you might have to move the tunel over /wider t the passeger side of the car

in the stock car i used chevy truck 88-94 spindes with sprag cluches in the hubs to drive it ... you use sprags to on comple the wheel for better turning

in th stock car I had a guy make a tranfer case that went stragt throw and 2 gears in it and shaft going back to the front off of a bert trans i bolted to the back of he bert trans

i dont have a mill or lathe to try to make one right now

Hi mfox, never ever say it can't be done, how much room do you have from the rear of a 2wd 016 to the rear of the body with everything in place.
I'm doing a Countach with Audi Quattro 4wd, if you can manage 280m from the rear of the std 2wd 016 it can be done, i have used a chain drive assembly from a nissan Torrano 4wd auto that gets the drive from the rear flange of the 4WD 016 facing forward,up the side of the v8 to a Nissan patrol transfer just in front of the v8 and then on up the centre tunnel to the original audi rear diff.and best of all it all turns in the right direction, so i don't get 5 reverse gears lol
Regards Lambo

Attachments

• IMG_7587 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7587 (Small).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_7577 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7577 (Small).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_7574 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7574 (Small).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited: