oh man! I'm drinking the Kool Aid now!

Well, today's visit to Fran's pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm diving into a GT40 build! For those who haven't been there you really should! What other place can you walk into and see a race car in the lobby? But wait, don't forget about the 917 body sitting on the floor next to the front desk! Every time I went into another area my eyes kept getting wider. I had the opportunity to go into one other special room. I could smell the clay as I walk around the corner. Fran's in the middle of another creation. I think he called it the GT 'A'? That car is going to be smokin' hot! Just when you think "that's over the top" -something else pops up. Pretty cool stuff.

The big dilemma now is - flares in the back or keep it simple?

Congratulations Jim, personally I'd go with the flares simply because they look so right! And, I'm not even building a '40..

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Narrow hips sink ships!

nz40_4.jpg

That's a very personal decision... You should look at both in person before you make the decision. I like the car better without the flares! I'm with you Neal...trey 270.jpg

I know... Tough call. RCR had two next to each other yesterday and I was kind of drawn to the flares. That's the only box that I didn't check yet Fran.

oh boy.... We are digressing! :) Back to google images to search. I am leaning towards the gulf color scheme. From what I learned yesterday, the gulf colors had the flares...so...

Gulf blue and flares...a true GT40 die hard...wink..

I think I'm trying to replicate the slot car I had in the 70's. Fond memories! This time I will be able to go inside the car! What kind of brushes do these use anyway? Copper or aluminum? :)

Back